AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Sid Harta Publishers

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Sid Harta Publishers

Hello everyone,

I know, or rather I assume, that Sid Harta has been discussed. Forgive me my inability to locate the files concerning this publisher.

I was wondering if anyone had any experiance with this group. It seems to be a vanity press, with a geniune desire to print quality... you know what I mean? The process of editing seems to be forefront in their webpage. Only I haven't found anything to suggest that they do anything more than what PA provides.

How are they viewed as far as the publishing world... if anyone knows.

Thanks in advance.
    Allan

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    *blows dust off thread* Adding link: http://sidharta.com/au/
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Mistyag1's Avatar

SID Harta Publishers

Has anybody heard of them. i met an author that was published by them but i didn't get a chance to ask how they were to work with. it's an aussie publisher but thats more convenient for me and many other aussie authors.

Mistyag1

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    There's an existing Sid Harta thread, where I assume a moderator will soon port this one...

Sid Harta offers vanity contracts (the author has to pay to be published--Sid Harta calls this "co-publishing"). The submission guidelines also appear to require authors to pay for a manuscript assessment (not something you'd expect from a reputable commercial publisher).

- Victoria