• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

No Boundaries Publishing

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
WhoIs says the webpage was first created/registered in March 2011, and they haven't released any books yet, so I'd say yes, they're new.

E-publisher, offers a 1 year contract (which sounds short to me -- doesn't it usually take 6 - 12 months for a contracted book to be edited, get cover art, and be released?). Offers 50% royalties though not stated if this is on net or cover. Accepts all genres, which does not bode well for a press's success.

One erotica book listed as forthcoming, by an author whose name when googled comes up with zero hits. I would not be surprised to learn that this author (Jaydee Catz) is Judy Sipics, who owns the press; Judy Sipics is also Jude Stephens, an erotica writer.

Considering the plethora of established e-presses out there, I'd suggest that anyone seeking commercial publication send their work to known entities such as Samhain, and wait to see where No Boundaries is at in a year.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
No named owner, no books yet, and a free 'weebly' website. A bit underwhelming really.

Edited to add: Unimportant beat me to it; ditto.

kelliewallace

Registered
Reaction score
I just signed a contract with them today for upcoming pub of my "long short story" Absolution. Thought I'd give the new kid on the block the chance to see how it goes!

I was just offered a contract with them last night actually. Third e-book contract offered but I havent accepted because I really perfer my book in print.

Do you like them so far?

HuntfortheWildborn

Registered
Reaction score
So, its been a few years since the original post... does anyone know how they have been doing in that time?

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
I just had my YA novel 'Demi-World' published with them. I don't know how sales will be--I can only hope they're good and that everything was formatted to my specifications, but Judy was very easy to deal with and the editor, Patricia Bates, offered considerable help and solid advice.

HuntfortheWildborn

Registered
Reaction score
Really? April 2011 was a few years ago? Damn, how time flies when one gets old! :D

Wow this is weird... the first few posts were telling me they were from 2005... they say 2011 now but yours is saying 2008.....

Wow I think I have been watching too much Dr Who... someone is messing with my computer's time scale...

hahahahahaha makes me laugh

HuntfortheWildborn

Registered
Reaction score
For a moment there I thought I might have been looking at the join date, but I looked and no, I wasnt... and it has all gone back to normal now.

I think I need my eyes checked hahaha

Terie

Writer is as Writer does
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teriegarrison.com
For a moment there I thought I might have been looking at the join date, but I looked and no, I wasnt... and it has all gone back to normal now.

I think I need my eyes checked hahaha

First of all, I was just teasing. :) Also, I think you're probably right that your eyeballs landed on the join date rather than the post date: the second post in the thread was from someone who joined in 2005. Though I also like the Dr Who explanation. (/offtopic :D)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
'Twas alive in January, but Home page now reads: "No Boundaries has closed".

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm getting a 404 Page Not Found/Site Not Published error when I click on the submissions and home page links. If they're not operating, your email should be bouncing back some time soon.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
It folded last year. Gone, finito, kaput.