• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Bad Moon Books

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
One of the larger small presses serving the genre market, with an emphasis on Horror.

PortableHal

Not-so-new
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marsneedswriters.com
Their website is fun and most of their covers are interesting. I like 'em, anyway.

A little different from some of the small presses, in that BMB offers limited edition (100 copies) hardcovers, seems to have a license to use the Green Hornet, and is an eBay Power Seller -- all of this taken from their site.

I'm curious if anyone here has direct experience with the publisher.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I couldn't find any sub guidelines.

Bicyclefish

Pedaling Pescado
Registered
Reaction score
The name sounded familiar, then I remembered Brian Keene mentioned they were terminated from selling on Horror Mall for violating seller’s terms (more info here. I don't know how serious it is.

The only submission link i could find is to a .ca url that I can't open because of a security warning. It's this if you want to try: badmoonbooks.ca/guidelines.htm

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
The name sounded familiar, then I remembered Brian Keene mentioned they were terminated from selling on Horror Mall for violating seller’s terms (more info here. I don't know how serious it is.

I don't see how the issues around inter-retailer relationships are necessarily an indicator of how author/publisher relationships will go--except that I would be leery of working with a publisher who publicly admitted to violating a contract with another publisher/retailer. "If HorrorMall, why not me?" would be my own thought processes. Perhaps they will do something to redeem the situation.

Bicyclefish

Pedaling Pescado
Registered
Reaction score
I don't see how the issues around inter-retailer relationships are necessarily an indicator of how author/publisher relationships will go--except that I would be leery of working with a publisher who publicly admitted to violating a contract with another publisher/retailer. "If HorrorMall, why not me?" would be my own thought processes. Perhaps they will do something to redeem the situation.
I wasn't sure if it was relevant but my first thought was it might have an impact on sales. I don't know how big Horror Mall is.

michael_b

So many ideas, never enough time.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelbarnette.com

Maybe they just decided they didn't want HorrorMall to be their exclusive book distribution site. That's what HorrorMall demands in their contract. For most publishers, I can see why this isn't a great choice.