The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] Bad Moon Books

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    One of the larger small presses serving the genre market, with an emphasis on Horror.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Their website is fun and most of their covers are interesting. I like 'em, anyway.

A little different from some of the small presses, in that BMB offers limited edition (100 copies) hardcovers, seems to have a license to use the Green Hornet, and is an eBay Power Seller -- all of this taken from their site.

I'm curious if anyone here has direct experience with the publisher.
    "Life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all." -- William Goldman, The Princess Bride

practical experience, FTW
    I couldn't find any sub guidelines.

practical experience, FTW Anarchic Q's Avatar
    Can anyone find any submission info?
    Do Not Tamper With - My Writing, Art & Reviews Blog
    Wheelchair Seating for the Apocalypse - A horror short story by Q. Published on Spinetingler Magazine.
    Re-Invention - A sci-fi short story by Q. Printed in Make Something Magazine.
    GoodReads

The name sounded familiar, then I remembered Brian Keene mentioned they were terminated from selling on Horror Mall for violating sellerís terms (more info here. I don't know how serious it is.

The only submission link i could find is to a .ca url that I can't open because of a security warning. It's this if you want to try: badmoonbooks.ca/guidelines.htm
    Co-writer/creator of (On break while the artist works on other projects):

Writer & Artist of Brainfuzz (on hiatus): http://www.drunkduck.com/Brainfuzz/

Quote Originally Posted by Bicyclefish View Post
    The name sounded familiar, then I remembered Brian Keene mentioned they were terminated from selling on Horror Mall for violating sellerís terms (more info here. I don't know how serious it is.
    I don't see how the issues around inter-retailer relationships are necessarily an indicator of how author/publisher relationships will go--except that I would be leery of working with a publisher who publicly admitted to violating a contract with another publisher/retailer. "If HorrorMall, why not me?" would be my own thought processes. Perhaps they will do something to redeem the situation.

Find me at
    BookTweeting on Twitter
    for a book review a day, every day!
    JUST LAUNCHED:
    EbookCheapskate,
    where you'll find reviews of
    free and cheap ebooks (under $5 US)!

Quote Originally Posted by IceCreamEmpress View Post
    I don't see how the issues around inter-retailer relationships are necessarily an indicator of how author/publisher relationships will go--except that I would be leery of working with a publisher who publicly admitted to violating a contract with another publisher/retailer. "If HorrorMall, why not me?" would be my own thought processes. Perhaps they will do something to redeem the situation.
    I wasn't sure if it was relevant but my first thought was it might have an impact on sales. I don't know how big Horror Mall is.
    Co-writer/creator of (On break while the artist works on other projects):

Writer & Artist of Brainfuzz (on hiatus): http://www.drunkduck.com/Brainfuzz/

So many ideas, never enough time. michael_b's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IceCreamEmpress View Post
    Maybe they just decided they didn't want HorrorMall to be their exclusive book distribution site. That's what HorrorMall demands in their contract. For most publishers, I can see why this isn't a great choice.
    Michael Barnette
    Fiction with an Erotic Edge
    LiveJournal Twitter Facebook
    I do NaNoWriMo
    Worth More than Words available now from Dreamspinner Press
    In the Heart of Love-Coming Soon
    SOLD: Nikki's Dragon-short story anthology to Fireborn Publishing