AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] GMR PRISM Books

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Thumbs down [Publisher] GMR PRISM Books

Beware this new publishing startup. They have a facebook presence and are involved with Maggie Grant (also Maggie Stewart-Grant), formerly of Canonbridge, LLC (the Iowa publisher in default to their authors for unpaid royalties). Not a good sign that she's swindling new folks into her scams.

Moderator In Name Only AW Moderator Roger J Carlson's Avatar
    Do you have any evidence (links and such) to support your allegations?
    --Roger J. Carlson

Formerly Phantom of Krankor. Torgo's Avatar
    There's a thread on Canonbridge which does seem a bit dodgy, but the OP looks just a tad defamatory...

Tired and Disillusioned Momento Mori's Avatar
    I'm not finding anything for GMR Prism on Facebook and when I Google it all I find is this thread. Do you have a link?

MM

I am a tad defamatory. This is the profile they're using so far on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002189146346

You'll see that one of the first posters is replied to by Maggie Grant, who admonishes "Yes sir! LET's get you going!" (emphasis added)

Ms. Grant and I have mutual friends who tipped me off to this new relationship.

Tired and Disillusioned Momento Mori's Avatar
    Well so far all we've got to go on is your obvious grudge and while you no doubt have good reasons for it given what happened with Canonbridge, until there's concrete information on what this company is planning to do, there's nothing to see here.

MM

I'm just glad I have a place to go to tip people off and warn them before things go bad . . .there was no info for me, not even a warning as flimsy as this when I got involved with Canonbridge.

I appreciate the opportunity to offer that warning up for others.

I just want to say that while MJ does appear to be coming across as very angry, it is for good reason. I am friends with MANY of the authors associated with Maggie Grant and they've ALL had issues with her specifically (unpaid royalties, payment for books that never arrived, and other breaches of contract). The person running Canonbridge now seems to be trying to correct the issues MSG caused the company. But that, of course, is for the other thread.

For anyone interested in this publishing house, I would proceed with caution if indeed it is being run in part by Maggie Stewart Grant. Though I agree with Momento Mori that (even if MSG is working with or for them) they should be treated with respect.

And just like ALL new publishing startups, authors should be careful before venturing into a contract with them.
    ~AP

All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream-Edgar Allen Poe

RENEGADE ~ November 13, 2012 from Tor Teen (Macmillan)

Revelations ~ November 5, 2013 from Tor Teen (Macmillan)

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agentpaper View Post
    I just want to say that while MJ does appear to be coming across as very angry, it is for good reason. I am friends with MANY of the authors associated with Maggie Grant and they've ALL had issues with her specifically (unpaid royalties, payment for books that never arrived, and other breaches of contract).
    I too have received complaints from Canonbridge authors about unpaid royalties and other problems.

- Victoria

Update

but appreciated anyway... Unimportant's Avatar
    They haven't yet released any books, they don't have any authors listed as being signed with them, they don't offer any info about their staff, and the website is registered through a proxy..... I can't imagine why anyone would consider submitting to them since for all practical purposes they don't even exist yet.

Proud mom to my little boy!

Run, run, run

Don't go near this establishment, unless you have an urge to see your money disappear. Maggie Stewart-Grant is a homeless and moneyless swindler. I hope no one is fooled into thinking she is a legitimate publisher.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Gone, with no sign of having published anything.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: