• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Rogers, Coleridge & White

Doobie Cantrip

Registered
Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with Rogers Coleridge and White?

www.rcwlitagency.com

I know there tends to be less info around with UK based agencies anyway, and especially as these guys don't deal with US submissions but, am finding it hard to dig up much other than their website.

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Does anybody have any experience with Rogers Coleridge and White?

www.rcwlitagency.com

I know there tends to be less info around with UK based agencies anyway, and especially as these guys don't deal with US submissions but, am finding it hard to dig up much other than their website.

Long-established, prestigious, and totally legit.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Top notch. They were even recommended to me by another top-notch agency! Unfortunately, I've only had rejections from them.

Last edited:

Doobie Cantrip

Registered
Reaction score
I sent them a query with first three chapters and synopsis, as per their requirements, on Feb 7th.
Really excited to get a full request earlier this week but, without being able to find them on querytracker and author advance type sites, its hard to know whether it's worth feeling excited!

Killynghall

Registered
Reaction score
Anything up to date?

I got a request for a full on my MS last week - naturally I am over the moon, especially with RCW having such an excellent reputation and some unbelievable authors on their list. There is no issue about whether they are legit, but I would be interested in some anecdotes from authors who have worked with them recently.

I also have the ants-in-the-pants stress of waiting to hear back so was wondering if anyone knew anything about how quickly they are managing to get back to people at the moment (I am aware that this is probably going to be 'it depends')?

For such a stellar agency, information on them on Absolutewrite is quite sparse.

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
They usually get back within 2 to 3 months (sooner if they're really keen). You don't say who requested your MS but if it's Claire Wilson, I know some of her authors and she's smashing to work with and a thoroughly decent person all round.

Best of luck.

MM

Killynghall

Registered
Reaction score
They usually get back within 2 to 3 months (sooner if they're really keen). You don't say who requested your MS but if it's Claire Wilson, I know some of her authors and she's smashing to work with and a thoroughly decent person all round.

Best of luck.

MM

Thanks MM.

It is indeed Claire and from what little I can gather off her twitter feed she does seem to be lovely.

I guess I'll have to put myself into cryo-freeze or something to contain the fever of nervous tension.

PRDavid

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
Their website is a tad confusing on submissions, or maybe I am reading challenged today.

I can't tell if you can e-mail a query to them or if you have to snail mail it? Can anyone clarify this for me as I'd like to query them but not sure how to do it correctly.

Killynghall

Registered
Reaction score
Their website is a tad confusing on submissions, or maybe I am reading challenged today.

I can't tell if you can e-mail a query to them or if you have to snail mail it? Can anyone clarify this for me as I'd like to query them but not sure how to do it correctly.

They do email subs.

What you need to do is decide which agent is the best fit for you, then email them (or their assistants) as pointed out on their pages.

If you have a YA sub, then email Claire.

At least, this is how it worked for me.

Good luck.

Killynghall

Registered
Reaction score
They do email subs.

What you need to do is decide which agent is the best fit for you, then email them (or their assistants) as pointed out on their pages.

If you have a YA sub, then email Claire.

At least, this is how it worked for me.

Good luck.

....Aaand I've just realised that what I've written above is total nonsense.

You can only email them if you have a Y.A. sub, which is what I did.

If you are submitting to any other agent/genre then it will need to be snail mail.

Apologies for the mistake - this is why I should lurk and not contribute; I'll let MM answer for RCW from now on.

PRDavid

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
....Aaand I've just realised that what I've written above is total nonsense.

You can only email them if you have a Y.A. sub, which is what I did.

If you are submitting to any other agent/genre then it will need to be snail mail.

Apologies for the mistake - this is why I should lurk and not contribute; I'll let MM answer for RCW from now on.

Hah, no worries. I was thinking that YA was the only e-mail sub they'd accept, but I wasn't sure. So your post was helpful.

I will move this agency to the bottom of the list with the other non e-mail agents and query them after I have worked my way through the agents who do accept e-mail.

I guess I feel that I want an agent who has joined the 21st Century repping me in the 21st Century.

Killynghall

Registered
Reaction score
Hah, no worries. I was thinking that YA was the only e-mail sub they'd accept, but I wasn't sure. So your post was helpful.

I will move this agency to the bottom of the list with the other non e-mail agents and query them after I have worked my way through the agents who do accept e-mail.

I guess I feel that I want an agent who has joined the 21st Century repping me in the 21st Century.

I can understand that snail mail subs are a hassle and cost a bit of money, but in RCW's case I think it is worth doing.

My feeling is that it is not a refusal to join the modern world but rather an additional filter to try and stop the hordes of copy-and-paste subs and keep to people who are serious enough about their work to invest in doing things the old fashioned way.

They have such an amazing list of authors that I find it a pleasant surprise that they are accepting submissions at all, really.

I say submit; they are a top agency. If you submit to them last and get an offer - only to have to turn them down as you accepted from a less prestigious agency who accepted email subs, you will probably regret it.

Just my 2cents before I slip back into the shadows of silence

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score

Why put Rogers, Coleridge and White to the bottom of the list because they won't accept email submissions? They're an excellent agency and their agents do brilliant work for their author-clients.

Their choosing to accept only hard copy submissions doesn't imply that they've not "joined the 21st Century". It implies that hard copy submissions work better for them, for some reason. They use email in their business transactions, and to communicate with their author-clients; they just don't use it for submissions.

PRDavid

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
Why put Rogers, Coleridge and White to the bottom of the list because they won't accept email submissions?

Tis a personal preference. Nothing more.

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
Notwithstanding that they don't accept email submissions for all genres, PRDavid, they do operate on an email/phone basis with authors that they accept. Old Hack's right - it's just a filtering device because it's easier to sort through submissions that way and to be honest, it works for them.

Personal preferences are all well and good but don't let them cut off your nose to spite your face.

MM

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Was shocked to hear that Deborah Rogers has died.
If I could have had a free choice of a UK agent, it would always have been her, and this article in The Bookseller bears out that instinct; I've never met her but I always felt she was the kind of agent I would die for. Well, almost.

RIP Deborah Rogers

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
She was a wonderful agent, and will be very much missed.

PandaNinja

Panda loves ninjas~
Registered
Reaction score
Any updates on the agency?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
It's still a great agency.