Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Licensing Art Work - Please Advise!

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Licensing Art Work - Please Advise!

Four years ago, I developed a hobby with acrylic paints and I have a collection of work that I want to send out and see where it can take me.

I am interested in the possibility of creating a line with my work, consisting of greeting cards and various novelty items.

Someone told me about http://www.mosaiclicensing.com/
    Does anyone have any experience with them? How does this process work? What exactly will they tell me and how will they evaluate my work? Do they sell artists' ideas to companies?

Thanks, special friend for my avi! AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady Susie's Avatar
    Among the chocolate fairies:)
    Gee, loves, wish I had some info for you, but hopefully the others here will. to the cooler.

Wherever the cards may fall...
    I don't think anyone here on this forum is familiar with mosaic licensing. I can check with one of our members who is an artist to see.

The key to happiness is to compare yourself to none.

Absolute Poetry, Volume 1
    by the Poets of Absolute Write

Surrey, United Kingdom
    Welcome to the forum,
    I am an Artist myself distributing my art work into printed greeting cards. I have not heard of this company before.
    Good Luck in your career!
    I hope someone here can help you.

Cultus Gopherus MacAllister SuperModerator Medievalist's Avatar
    An meodoheall monig dreama full
    They're not one of the standard companies; nor have they been in business long enough to make someone who licensed content (which I used to do) want to use them. Their terms are a little unusual.

Were I you, I'd think about a small do-it-yourself business using Cafe Press, Zazzle, Etsy, and similar service companies, and local venues. Post cards and greeting cards, and calendars have buyers. You might also look at what a local printer can do with and for you.

If you're not a skilled Photoshop user, you might want to hire a graphic artists to work with you in terms of transforming your photographs of artworks to effectively work with digital color printing.

AW Admin
    AWers On Twitter
    Lisa L. Spangenberg
    My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?