Rejectomancy

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Got one today, "We're going to pass, but we were interested, we hope you'll keep them coming." Actually made me really happy.
Hey, that's an awesome R. I got a "feel free to submit again" which doesn't sound half as convincing that they'd actually like to read more of my writing as your "keep them coming" does.

That's so much more...active. :D Congrats!

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
EDF folks are the best. 2-3 in-depth comments from readers makes it worth a 90-ish day wait. EDF is also one of only two fiction markets I read daily (DSF is the other). Sorry about the R though.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry about the R's, Pan and JC. :Hug2: And I agree, EDF gives very nice feedback, so at least you feel some love, even if it's an R.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
I LOVE YOUR COOTIES!

Ahem. Sorry, I...lost myself...for a moment. :eek:
:Wha: I think you've already caught them!

Guess we can exchange hugs - just got an R from Harrow Press on their Mortis Operandi Anthology. And I really wanted to be in that antho, too. :(

Lillie

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
((((Matt, JC and Pan)))) Sorry about the Rs.

Just got a nice personal from DSF. They didn't want the story, but it was a nice R, so I'm sort of happy.

Other than that, a couple of my crickets have been chirping so long and loud that it's painful!

I'm terrified of my own inbox right now.

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
Huggles for the Rs, sigh.

I got "There are some nice elements here" on the formula F&SF R and wonder what level that is. Other than that, major crickets.

pangalactic

Gargling blasters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
chrisbissette.com
Just got rejection #50 for this year, another form R from F&SF. Crickets everywhere else, but one story has now been Under Review at Clarkesworld for just over two days. Trying not to read too much (i.e. anything) into that.

pangalactic

Gargling blasters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
chrisbissette.com
Thanks, Sam! I've just checked and that brings my lifetime total to 173. Which is quite depressing when I look at how few sales I've made, but the stuff I'm submitting this year is lightyears ahead quality-wise of the stuff I'd submitted previously and that's showing in my results.

GCU_Dramatic Exit

Registered
Reaction score
been out of the game for a bit...things got in the way
thought I'd ease my self back in so wrote three very rushed twitter stories and sent them to trapeze got a nice R back:

Thanks for sending a fiction submission to trapeze magazine. Unfortunately I won't be accepting any of your work at this time. Your stories are very good, just not the kind of surreal that trapeze magazine is looking for. Good luck placing your work elsewhere.
so...anyone know of any good twitter fiction places?

plus sorry for all the Rs!

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
been out of the game for a bit...things got in the way
thought I'd ease my self back in so wrote three very rushed twitter stories and sent them to trapeze got a nice R back:

so...anyone know of any good twitter fiction places?

plus sorry for all the Rs!

microcosms takes speculative Twit fic. But he's a bit slow to respond. Took about two months before I heard ANYTHING.

And Nanoism says they'll take speculative, but they're mostly literary and (apparently) a hard market to crack.