A tree with lights in the snow at night

AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 367 of 367 FirstFirst ... 117267292317342357361362363364365366367
Results 9,151 to 9,161 of 9161

Thread: Rejectomancy

Murder! You want fries with that? pdichellis's Avatar
    Higher level R from AHMM. Editor called story well-written and invited future subs. First time I've received one like this from them.
    Recent story: “The Mysterious Meatball Autopsy” – A humorous You-Solve-It whodunit. Follow the clues! In Mystery Weekly Magazine (November 2017).

For more, visit my site Murder and Fries or my Amazon author page. Or check my AW Library listings in the Mystery, Short Fiction, and Humor sections.

Mini rejecto-lanche yesterday. My two-story multi to a top-notch annual crime antho yielded two forms, plus a form (though with an encouraging personal endnote) from Spinetingler.

Yikes, can’t these folks just take Sunday as a day off?
    Recent story: “The Mysterious Meatball Autopsy” – A humorous You-Solve-It whodunit. Follow the clues! In Mystery Weekly Magazine (November 2017).

For more, visit my site Murder and Fries or my Amazon author page. Or check my AW Library listings in the Mystery, Short Fiction, and Humor sections.

just a literary gearhead shortstorymachinist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pdichellis View Post
    Higher level R from AHMM. Editor called story well-written and invited future subs. First time I've received one like this from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdichellis View Post
    Mini rejecto-lanche yesterday. My two-story multi to a top-notch annual crime antho yielded two forms, plus a form (though with an encouraging personal endnote) from Spinetingler.

Yikes, can’t these folks just take Sunday as a day off?
    It's always such a relief when a rejection has more encouragement than sting. And rejecto-lanches are so baffling; rejections apparently accumulate like moisture in clouds before drenching us with disappointment.
    I am no maestro.

Anyone else have a sub out with Tin House since 2016? It's been 372 days since my submission. Know Tin House is slow in responding. Grinder states there's an average 397 day response time. Just wondering if others are in my same boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orchestra View Post
    But seriously, never ask permission to write something. Don't be a wimp.

just a literary gearhead shortstorymachinist's Avatar
    22-day close-but-not-quite from Clarkesworld. Time to get back on that merry go round.
    I am no maestro.

The restaurant at the end of the multiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by shortstorymachinist View Post
    22-day close-but-not-quite from Clarkesworld. Time to get back on that merry go round.
    I'm sooooo jealous. *turns green(er)* I've only ever gotten the YOU SUCK LOSER GO AWAY NOW one-day form rejection. I think they like you over there, SSM.
    • NEWEST! Quantopia - Come and rate my third Quantum Shorts flash-fiction entry!
    • NEWER! The Human Show - Come and rate my second Quantum Shorts flash-fiction entry!
    • NEW! Playing for Keeps - Come and rate my Quantum Shorts flash-fiction entry!

--
    Website
    Twitter

372! Holy waiting period,batman.

That's just nuts.
    Happiness, is just a word to me
    And it might have meant a thing or two
    If I'd known the difference.

Most Unbecoming of an AW Moderator zanzjan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by escritora View Post
    It's been 372 days since my submission.
    Ouch.

Yeah, some places are that long and worth it if you get in, or get close, but if you think about the wait too much it'll hurt.
    zanzjan.net - twitter - facebook
    Number Thirty-Nine Skink, short story, Asimov's, Mar/Apr 2017
    Pinned, poem, Asimov's, May/Jun 2017
    Books of the Risen Sea, novelette, Asimov's, Sep/Oct 2017
    The Secret Life of Bots, novelette, Clarkesworld no.132, Sept 2017
    Winner of the AnLab Reader's Award for Best Novelette and the Asimov's Reader's Award for Best Novella of 2016.

"Nolite te bastardes covfefendum" -- Anon.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I always go from 23 to rejected in like fourteen minutes on the Clarkesworld system.

I honestly have no idea where to get feedback ever. I have no friends who write.

Most Unbecoming of an AW Moderator zanzjan's Avatar
    FWIW Clarkesworld is an extremely tough market to crack. They get an enormous number of subs and only publish a few stories a month, so even really good stories don't necessarily make it through.

As for feedback, when you've got to 50 posts here, you can post work for crit in Show Your Work. A good way to get to the 50 is to hang out in SYW and critique other people's stuff, plus then the regulars get to know you and are more likely to give you their time when it's your turn.

Good luck and welcome to W1S1
    zanzjan.net - twitter - facebook
    Number Thirty-Nine Skink, short story, Asimov's, Mar/Apr 2017
    Pinned, poem, Asimov's, May/Jun 2017
    Books of the Risen Sea, novelette, Asimov's, Sep/Oct 2017
    The Secret Life of Bots, novelette, Clarkesworld no.132, Sept 2017
    Winner of the AnLab Reader's Award for Best Novelette and the Asimov's Reader's Award for Best Novella of 2016.

"Nolite te bastardes covfefendum" -- Anon.

52-day form phooey from pseudopod.

Page 367 of 367 FirstFirst ... 117267292317342357361362363364365366367