• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] RuneWright, LLC

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
http://www.runewright.com/home.html

I have no idea what this is. A fellow horror fiend of mine sent me the link, asking my advice. They list on duotrope as paying semi-pro rates, but their payscale on the website lists a flat rate of 5 and 10 USD, depending on short story length.

Even with the word counts, it doesn't equal semi pro rates. Even beyond that... the home page talks of self publishing manuscripts and business writing; then launches into listing its various upcoming anthos. I searched through the forum for this publisher and found no threads.

What do you guys think?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
He's a copywriter offering publishing services, who also wants to produce anthologies:

RuneWright can generate quality SEO content as well as technical, creative, and policy writing for virtually any business. Additionally, in cases where you already have manuscripts ready for publication, I can provide editing, layout, print and ePublishing services to get your writing into the marketplace. With experience in many kinds of writing, RuneWright can provide exceptional print and electronic documentation for you and your business no matter what you need.

Publishing Rights

Upon acceptance, RuneWright acquires first world print and electronic serial rights for the anticipated publication date listed on this page and for a duration of six months after that. After the six months is up, all rights revert back to the author in total, although I reserve the right to reprint any given anthology in its original form at any time. This would never preclude you from reselling your story to someone else after the initial six months.

In some circumstances I may produce "Best of the Best" anthologies in future years. Under those circumstances, I will contact the author directly and request rights for the publication of that anthology. Payment / compensation may vary in the future, mostly depending upon how well I and/or the writer is doing.
I'd advise waiting at least a year to assess production.

michael_b

So many ideas, never enough time.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelbarnette.com
http://www.runewright.com/home.html

I have no idea what this is. A fellow horror fiend of mine sent me the link, asking my advice. They list on duotrope as paying semi-pro rates, but their payscale on the website lists a flat rate of 5 and 10 USD, depending on short story length.

Even with the word counts, it doesn't equal semi pro rates. Even beyond that... the home page talks of self publishing manuscripts and business writing; then launches into listing its various upcoming anthos. I searched through the forum for this publisher and found no threads.

What do you guys think?

I think that's more in the range of 'token payment' rather than a real pay rate. Most anthologies pay at least $25-$50 for those sorts of rights, with additional payments if the story is chosen for a print anthology later. You'd get a heck of a lot more if they were really a pro market, $250 to $1000 for a short story is not unheard of at that level. I've gotten paid rates like that for short stories of mine.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Last book pubbed as RuneWright was in '14. Still selling publishing services, however.

ETA: publishing again, but so far all by editor (and mostly reprints).

Last edited: