Beta Readers/Crit Requests

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone who writes literary fiction want to do a swap? I can read and comment the same day. Most of my stories are between 3k and 4k, but if you write really short, I have a few of those too.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone want to read a war story by me? It is not long, six pages. If you have a war story you want to swap, that would be cool. I write literary fiction so I would prefer to read it as well.

O'Dandelo - let me know if you are interested again. I enjoyed reading your story and getting comments from you. I will send you a pm.

Anyone else interested, please let me know.

O'Dandelo

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone want to read a war story by me? It is not long, six pages. If you have a war story you want to swap, that would be cool. I write literary fiction so I would prefer to read it as well.

O'Dandelo - let me know if you are interested again. I enjoyed reading your story and getting comments from you. I will send you a pm.

Anyone else interested, please let me know.

Okay, sounds good. Replied to your PM.

kd1984

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.oneperfectword.blogspot.com
I have a horror story, about 1,500 words, that I would love to have some eyes on. Of course, I'm willing to return the favor, and HEY LOOK SHINY!!! I can offer an insanely quick turn around should you need it. :D As in TONIGHT or TOMORROW.

PM if interested. Please, oh please, oh please!

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
I have a 2,600-word timeslip/slipstream story requiring fresh eyeballs. It's written in 1st-person present-tense (for the most part). Would love it if a couple critters were familiar with Bradbury's The Illustrated Man.

PM if interested. ;)

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
anyone interested in a trade with a 2.4K fantasy-ish story (it does involve rape). Defcon, you still need peeps?

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
Looking for a pair of eyes for a 1400 word epistolary horror. I'm pretty sure it sucks, but I got a complimentary R on it so would like to see how I can improve.

Can swap up to 5k, depending on genre. PM me.

Last edited:

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
Got a 4,200 word horror up for crits. Willing to trade for a similar size. Some of you have already read it, so be aware of that, and it's posted for easy crit in the Horror AW crit forum: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257737. I can also email it if needed. PM me if interested.

Also have a short 700-word intro from another horror on a longer story that I could use eyes on: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257934. Will return the favor through email or on the same board, if needed!

Last edited:

kd1984

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.oneperfectword.blogspot.com
Got a 4,200 word horror up for crits. Willing to trade for a similar size. Some of you have already read it, so be aware of that, and it's posted for easy crit in the Horror AW crit forum: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257737. I can also email it if needed. PM me if interested.

Also have a short 700-word intro from another horror on a longer story that I could use eyes on: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257934. Will return the favor through email or on the same board, if needed!

Just PMed you.

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Kristi. Going to send you something new since the story I mentioned above is something you already critted a long time ago (in a previous draft). :)

So I still have open space for a trade.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score

I'll take a look at your longer piece since no one has yet commented, in a day a or two (I have to vote tomorrow, so...)

I guess I'll hit you up whenever I finish my revisions.

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
I can send you a copy via email if you're still interested. I changed it from that posted draft.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
Looking for a beta for a 5100 spec fic short. It's not epic fantasy or hard sci-if or anything particularly tedious. Can swap up to 8k and probably get it back within a few hours if you send it before Wednesday.

renard79

Teacher in Space
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I have two speculative shorts I'd like help with. One is just over 2k, the other is 1,200. I'm looking for honesty - brutal if needed. I'm working on story structure and hook. I keep hearing that my writing is beautiful, but I'm missing oomph.

I write quieter work, so that's a factor I'm sure. PM me if interested. I can definitely reciprocate; I'm really honest, though, so please let me know your comfort level with feedback. I try to follow Critters guidelines, but I can be pretty real with suggestions.

Thank you!

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
I have a 2,600-word 2,700-word timeslip/slipstream story requiring fresh eyeballs. It's written in 1st-person present-tense (for the most part). Would love it if a couple critters were familiar with Bradbury's The Illustrated Man.

PM if interested. ;)
Okay, same story now revised. Some of my previous critters are too busy and I know Turkey Day is tomorrow, but for those who don't honor the turkey, would really love it if I could borrow your eyes. :D

(Yes, there is a deadline. Would prefer a response before the end of the month.)

Willing to swap if you've got a story as well.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Looking for a beta-reader for a 5k word paranormal short. (Involves vampires, magic, sex and blood.) Willing to swap for something of equal or shorter length in pretty much any genre except romance. (Bear in mind, although I read literary on occasion I don't write it much and my critical value there may vary.)

PM me with an email address if interested.

ETA: Have several readers on this now. Might be interested for a longer beta swap in a few weeks if anyone is interested. Thanks to those who contacted me. It's much appreciated. :)

Last edited: