Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Shelley!

Great story :)

Nathaniel Katz

The Evil Hat
Registered
Reaction score
You guys are aware that Nate is now showing as having an acceptance for Bards and Sages, too, right?

Wow, this is totally awesome. I was just coming by to post this! (Did it say it on duotrope already? I just reported it a few hours ago!) And that we share another ToC, ye w1s1ers of writing fame and renown... :hooray:

Massive congratulations, everyone.

Oh, and I've another piece of baggage this week, small in size (quite literally): my twitter piece just went up on Trapeze here.

EDIT: the Bards and Sages piece is a w1s1 (my first full length w1s1 to sell :D ) and is also the rewrite I mentioned a bit back. Guess they liked the changes.

Last edited:

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, this is totally awesome. I was just coming by to post this! (Did it say it on duotrope already? I just reported it a few hours ago!) And that we share another ToC, ye w1s1ers of writing fame and renown... :hooray:

Sorry for stealing your thunder a bit,if I did. I didn't think about when I posted. I was just so excited for you, and thought it was really something that the same three hit another publication! :D

Oh, and I've another piece of baggage this week, small in size (quite literally): my twitter piece just went up on Trapeze here.

Nice (frosty) one! Should this go in the hall of fame, or did it when you got the acceptance?

EDIT: the Bards and Sages piece is a w1s1 (my first full length w1s1 to sell :D ) and is also the rewrite I mentioned a bit back. Guess they liked the changes.

Awesome, Nate! Woohoo!

Shelley

Tienci

Lost in the Land of Giants
Registered
Reaction score
So awesome you guys--congrats Nathaniel! :banana:

jgold--I'll try Pseudopod with you :).
I think I've got something that might work... :e2shrug:

Nathaniel Katz

The Evil Hat
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry for stealing your thunder a bit,if I did. I didn't think about when I posted. I was just so excited for you, and thought it was really something that the same three hit another publication! :D

Shelley

It wasn't a problem at all - totally awesome to have it pop out there, actually, along with the new shared ToC. The twitter piece did, I believe, go into the hall of fame already.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Congrats, Shelley and Nate!

I'll check out Pseudopod...but I don't know if I have anything that will fit.

ETA: Wait--after checking them out a little more, it turns out I have TONS of stuff that might fit there. I think I'm in. :D

Last edited:

jgold

Grinning
Registered
Reaction score
A cinquain I submitted to 7x20 sometime last month (Rooftop Cage went up yesterday, by the way, I forgot to mention it, with my wee bio here) will now be included in the anthology 140 and Counting. The selections were made long before I submitted to 7x20, but a couple writers didn't send their contracts in so she asked if my cinquain could appear.

The TOC is here, with a few recognizable names. It's the second TOC I've shared with Marge Simon. I also see Deborah Walker's name--she's a W1S1er, and David Kopaska-Merkel, who's recognizable to anyone who reads a lot of speculative poetry.

An acceptance, and I didn't even have to submit. I'm tickled. :D

Shelley

Congrats Shelley! That's fantastic!

Massive congratulations, everyone.

That's awesome Nate! I can't believe three of us made it into the same issue again. Makes it all more exciting. :)

jgold--I'll try Pseudopod with you :).
I think I've got something that might work... :e2shrug:

I'll check out Pseudopod...but I don't know if I have anything that will fit.

ETA: Wait--after checking them out a little more, it turns out I have TONS of stuff that might fit there. I think I'm in. :D

:hooray::hooray::hooray:

mfowler76

Speculative Fictioneer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.milojamesfowler.com
Congrats to Shelley and Nate! 7x20 and Bards are great markets.

As for me, I also have some good news to share. About a month ago, I mentioned that "Captain Quasar and the Insurmountable Barrier of Space Junk" was under consideration by Ray Gun Revival, and they had asked for a rewrite.

Well, I found out this week that "Captain Quasar" has been accepted and will appear on their site next month. Yahoo!

Write on, everybody. Keep up the great work.

Last edited:

Lillie

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Milo!

Yay for Captain Quasar :D

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
As for me, I also have some good news to share. About a month ago, I mentioned that "Captain Quasar and the Insurmountable Barrier of Space Junk" was under consideration by Ray Gun Revival, and they had asked for a rewrite.

Well, I found out this week that "Captain Quasar" has been accepted and will appear on their site next month. Yahoo!

Awesome, Milo!

:hooray:

Shelley

Nathaniel Katz

The Evil Hat
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to Shelley and Nate! 7x20 and Bards are great markets.

Great work, Milo. I'm loving the title, and can't wait to read the rest.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Milo: Great job! I remember reading and enjoying the original Captain Quasar story on Every Day Fiction, way before I met you here, or knew much about writing/submitting at all. Definitely looking forward to the sequel!

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Nate! Love the twitterfic too (-:

About a month ago, I mentioned that "Captain Quasar and the Insurmountable Barrier of Space Junk" was under consideration by Ray Gun Revival, and they had asked for a rewrite.

Awesome title! Be sure to post a link when it goes live (-:

-Suzanne

JC Romel

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Congrats to everybody for their great news. It seems like it was crickets here forever, and then WHAM! here comes all the good news.

I'm jealous as hell, by the way. Bastards.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to everybody for their great news. It seems like it was crickets here forever, and then WHAM! here comes all the good news.

I'm jealous as hell, by the way. Bastards.

If it's any consolation, it's just crickets here too. Many, many crickets -- at this point even my crickets have crickets.

-Suzanne

AllieKat

just a writer, unbranded
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewritinglifeforme.blogspot.com
I just clicked "send" on my submission of a light romance novel to Muse It Up. *dances* It's nice to have it out the door! I started it several years ago and thought I'd never finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.