Braggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Loved the story, PD, and the illustrations. How fabulous to see other people's interpretations of your work.

And congrats everyone else - MHaynes, Sai, O Dandelo and Reynard! Great to see so many good sales.

renard79

Teacher in Space
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
From acceptance to publication was super quick! Here's my poem "To Bits, Body and Bones", Editor's Choice on the front page, live at Punchnel's:
http://www.punchnels.com/poetry/to-bits-body-and-bones/

Also, woke up to an acceptance from Tales of the Talisman for my poem "Gambling in the Magickian's House" for their winter 2013/14 issue.

Woot! :snoopy:

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh, very nice poem! And congrats on the latest acceptance! :)

squeaky pram

oldie turned newbie
Registered
Reaction score
From acceptance to publication was super quick! Here's my poem "To Bits, Body and Bones", Editor's Choice on the front page, live at Punchnel's:
http://www.punchnels.com/poetry/to-bits-body-and-bones/

Also, woke up to an acceptance from Tales of the Talisman for my poem "Gambling in the Magickian's House" for their winter 2013/14 issue.

Woot! :snoopy:

Ooooh. Beautiful poem, renard!! (reminds me to complete a certain job I've started.... #droppedtheballandashamed )

Brynn

Registered
Reaction score
An excerpt of mine has been accepted by Miscellanea! Whee! And it came in February, so I have had an acceptance every month so far this year, and already passed my total for last year. :D

Niccolo

Registered
Reaction score
I finally get to make my first-ever post in Braggage!!! My short-short has been accepted for Another 100 Horrors, an anthology containing 100 horror pieces each at exactly 100 words.

This is my first acceptance and I'm ecstatic :snoopy: They said a contract should be with me soon, which brings up the question: are contracts usually sent through e-mail or snail mail? Just curious, and nervous, and worried :tongue

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
I finally get to make my first-ever post in Braggage!!! My short-short has been accepted for Another 100 Horrors, an anthology containing 100 horror pieces each at exactly 100 words.

This is my first acceptance and I'm ecstatic :snoopy: They said a contract should be with me soon, which brings up the question: are contracts usually sent through e-mail or snail mail? Just curious, and nervous, and worried :tongue
:partyguy:
Niccolo! I hope you celebrate.

I've had contracts come both ways. :Shrug: Electronically usually. But then I sign and mail back in snail mail.

Big congrats to you! The first of many, right? ;)

It takes a certain kind of writer to do flash/micro fiction well. Or so I've been told. :tongue My first sale was 25 words.

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations Niccolo! - and everyone else with recent braggage. :)

O'Dandelo

Registered
Reaction score
Savor that first sale, Niccolo! It's a sweet thing.

Congrats to the other braggage, too! And KD, I remember that story well. Nice illustration.

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
are contracts usually sent through e-mail or snail mail? Just curious, and nervous, and worried :tongue
There's also a third option: electronic contracts. You basically follow a link, type your information in the appropriate fields (using your preferred font) and submit it by pressing a button. But yeah, usually email because it saves them money. Congrats!

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Congratulations! Hopefully this is the first of many.

As others have pointed out, there are many forms a contract can arrive. Anything from physical package to an email asking you to simply reply with 'I accept these terms.' Both of those--and anything in between--are equally binding, legally speaking. So don't worry about the format too much, but we sure to read it carefully and remember that you can ask for minor changes/alterations if you feel they're being unclear or asking for rights you aren't willing to grant.

LolaVelo

Registered
Reaction score

Congratulations, that's terrific!!! It'll feel awesome when you see the piece in the publication, too. Well done!

Niccolo

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you everyone who has congratulated me! It's still so exciting :) Now I'm just waiting for my contract to arrive, which should be shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.