Not open for further replies.

akaSylvia

Doesn't Bite
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.intrigue.co.uk
I'm stalking Alex.

I sold "Old Flames" to Daily Science Fiction. What I love about this one is that the story was two years old and gathering dust. I wrote it for a competition and last month I went through my old files, looking for something short that I could finish quickly to keep up my weekly stats. I found this story which I'd trunked because I didn't like the final line.

I immediately saw what it should be, rewrote the story to lead into the new ending, and sent it off for immediate sale!

Yay for W1S1 !

Lizardmaker

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anneejohnson
I'm stalking Alex.

I sold "Old Flames" to Daily Science Fiction. What I love about this one is that the story was two years old and gathering dust. I wrote it for a competition and last month I went through my old files, looking for something short that I could finish quickly to keep up my weekly stats. I found this story which I'd trunked because I didn't like the final line.

I immediately saw what it should be, rewrote the story to lead into the new ending, and sent it off for immediate sale!

Yay for W1S1 !

Good for you, Sylvia. I love it when that kind of thing happens.

And congrats, Aggy!

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Anne.

Not exactly the normal braggage but I got an invitation to send a query/synopsis/first 10 pages of The Spinner's Daughter during the #Pitmad flurry on Twitter today. So. That's kind of cool.

Aggy, polishing her query letter >_<

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
I'm stalking Alex.

I sold "Old Flames" to Daily Science Fiction.

Good job! There is a lot to be said for letting stories sit until you can look at them with a fresh perspective.

mrajotte

Inkslinging Insomniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.maryrajotte.com
Thanks, Anne.

Not exactly the normal braggage but I got an invitation to send a query/synopsis/first 10 pages of The Spinner's Daughter during the #Pitmad flurry on Twitter today. So. That's kind of cool.

Aggy, polishing her query letter >_<

That's awesome news! Good luck!!

Datepalm

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to everyone!

Somewhat minor braggage, but I'll take what I can get - The Mad Scientist Journal accepted a flash story of mine! They've got a 90% acceptance rate on Duotrope, and I did write it for their rather specific guidelines, so i'm not really counting it as a first real sale - but on the other hand, how depressing would it have been to get rejected?

Brynn

Registered
Reaction score
This wouldn't be a brag for some people, but it is for me. I got my first ever "we're passing this on to the second round" e-mail from DSF! :D Even assuming the story doesn't get further, it feels like a pretty good affirmation of progress!

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
Yowza - 30-day acceptance to TM (Emerald Sky) for my reprint "The Unseen Truths." Pretty cool, their site seemed to indicate same pay for reprints and per my contract that looks to be the case. Funny tho' that a story I've already sold is now my first pro sale - not that I'm complaining though!

Last edited:

Brynn

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats faerydancer!

And congrats Eliza C! (I know I'm a terrible newb, but what is TM?)

Thanks for celebrating with me, faerydance, renard, and Lizardmaker! :)

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats faerydancer!

And congrats Eliza C! (I know I'm a terrible newb, but what is TM?)

Thanks for celebrating with me, faerydance, renard, and Lizardmaker! :)

That's the full name - TM Magazine - from TM publishing. They are a brand new pro market and plan to publish 4 different magazines for different genres. Emerald Sky is their fantasy and scifi mag - the first issue has been released already. http://tmpublishing.com/current-issue

Congrats to you too, Brynn, and to everyone else with recent braggage!

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.