Congratulations CL and anyone else who has good news. :D

mhaynes

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelhaynes.info
It must be the week for good news. Everyone is doing so well! And I just sold a story to Nine: A Journal of Imaginative Fiction. :D

What a fantastic week.

Great news!

I'm waiting to hear back from them on a requested rewrite. I hope they feel like I pulled off what they were wanting to see and we can share a ToC!

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
It must be the week for good news. Everyone is doing so well! And I just sold a story to Nine: A Journal of Imaginative Fiction. :D

What a fantastic week.

Great news!

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Well done, CL!

I just got two more contracts from HarperC0llins for their anthology line. I love writing for them. <3

Last edited:

klc

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.snailinaturtleneck.com
I just sold my first ever story!!!! This is the best feeling ever. I just started squeeking in the middle of a coffeeshop. Thank you alexshvartsman, I heard about Nine from you! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

mhaynes

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelhaynes.info
I just sold my first ever story!!!! This is the best feeling ever. I just started squeeking in the middle of a coffeeshop. Thank you alexshvartsman, I heard about Nine from you! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Congratulations!

We'll be sharing a TOC. I heard from Nine this morning as well. They'll be running my crime/dark fantasy story "Other Kinds" in Issue 3. And, unless I'm mistaken, there's at least one other W1/S1er in the TOC this time. We'll be at least 1/3rd of the stories! :)

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com

Congrats on your first sale! And congrats to you too mhaynes!

CL_Hilbert

Registered
Reaction score
Website
clhilbert.wordpress.com

Congratulations!

We'll be sharing a TOC. I heard from Nine this morning as well. They'll be running my crime/dark fantasy story "Other Kinds" in Issue 3. And, unless I'm mistaken, there's at least one other W1/S1er in the TOC this time. We'll be at least 1/3rd of the stories! :)

Congrats! Perhaps we'll all be in Issue 3 together. Wouldn't that be lovely if Absolutewriters took over the issue.

(Though, while I accepted the contract on Aug 6th, I haven't heard back yet. So I may be Issue 4? Dunno.)

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

You're most welcome and CONGRATULATIONS! First sales are a huge deal!

And congratulations to Michael Haynes, who's dominating with sales this summer!

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score

Aw, wait 'til you actually see it in print! Because that's even *better*!

Congratulations to you! You have earned the Big Banana!
bigbanana.gif

May it be just the first of many sales to come. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.