Braggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

phineas12gauge

Registered
Reaction score
Finally my first story has been published. "Notrees" is available in issue 10 of Innsmouth Free Press. It's available on Kindle for $2 and will be live on Innsmouth's site starting next Tuesday for free. Weeeeee.

I received word this morning that my story "Scraps" has been accepted by Daily Science Fiction. To say I'm quite excited would be to understate things. :)

gratz guys!

sarahthegrey

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I fail at keeping up with this thread. Many happy-dances for Wildscribe, O'Dandelo, Michael, & everyone else I've neglected to congratulate recently!

:banana:

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
ooh - just found the woo-hoo thread! Congrats to all.
Michael, be sure to post when you know the DSF publication date. I don't get the daily stories, but I do sometimes buy the monthly kindle set.

J.W. Alden

The King Who Bore the Sword
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I need to stop by this thread more regularly. There's just too much success to keep up with! Congrats to Sai, Wildscribe, O'Dandelo and anyone I missed. Michael, I got you on twitter, but congrats again.

Good luck, Lizardmaker!

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Michael O and Michael H! And Mr. Wildscribe and Lizard! To the latter, I got my fingers crossed for you.

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Very cool, Michael H. I'll have to check it out. Good luck Lizardmaker, Alex, and everyone whose work is sitting in a queue for longer than the average time.

TumbleHome

Inconsequential. Also: short.
Registered
Reaction score
Huge congratulations to everyone, and I can't wait to read everything? I know this is a real general message, but I've been so inspired by the hard work and helpful nature of the writers here... seeing talent succeed (especially the early staggers) us amazing... face it, the majority of AWers deserve it. :p

O'Dandelo

Registered
Reaction score
I mentioned this last week when it was only on the Amazon store, but my debut story "Notrees" is now available for free at http://www.innsmouthfreepress.com. There's a free PDF download option that I recommend. Very nice looking, much better than the Kindle edition or the one that sits on the website itself.

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
I debated whether I ought to post this or not, as I don't have anything to do with the official W1S1 site. I just post on the forum here and write a story each month. So you can shout at me if I'm not supposed to post. :p

But I sold a story to Penumbra's dream issue.

O'Dandelo

Registered
Reaction score
Very nice, Polenth! Super congrats!

And I'm not an official member, either. I just try to write at least a story a month and happen to like you guys more than those on the other boards. :)

mhaynes

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelhaynes.info
I debated whether I ought to post this or not, as I don't have anything to do with the official W1S1 site. I just post on the forum here and write a story each month. So you can shout at me if I'm not supposed to post. :p

Congratulations!!!

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Congratulations! That is awesome news and they're an excellent market.

And you're certainly welcome to celebrate your sales with us! There isn't such a thing as an "official" membership, not really. If you feel camaraderie and like hanging out with the others on this sub-forum then you've already qualified for whatever passes as membership 'round these parts :) At least in my book.

sarahthegrey

Registered
Reaction score

Congrats!!! :banana:

And...um...I hope it's okay to post here as a very informal W1S1 participant...otherwise I'm in the wrong place, and will be in for a shouting as well.

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Polenth! With all the people getting into the final round at Penumbra (even me, for their Fairy Tale theme), its so good to see a story get through past the finish line!

And re W1S1 participation: my participation level is about a story every two months, because they keep getting longer and I rewrite a lot, but its still a great commitment to make, to finish whatever the story is, and always sub it. And then immediately start the next story. I am a W1S1 in principle participant, if not always in timing.

I find writing the next story means I don't focus too much on rejections, and my slow speed of production always means I've got a big queue of story ideas on the back burner.

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
Congrats, Polenth! With all the people getting into the final round at Penumbra (even me, for their Fairy Tale theme), its so good to see a story get through past the finish line!

Getting to the final round means they like your stuff, so I'm sure we'll see more.

And re W1S1 participation: my participation level is about a story every two months, because they keep getting longer and I rewrite a lot, but its still a great commitment to make, to finish whatever the story is, and always sub it. And then immediately start the next story. I am a W1S1 in principle participant, if not always in timing.
I thought maybe there was an induction ceremony where Izz beat you with a badger at midnight or something.

(...or people had to do something or other on the W1S1 site. I have time to write a story each month, but not for another forum.)

Status
Not open for further replies.