Status
Not open for further replies.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score

phineas12gauge

Registered
Reaction score
I've Been following the credo of W1S1, minimum one story a week, since early this month... It's been a blast so far and I've got 5 or 6 complete stories out there with some flash/twitter fiction pending.

I'm happy to say that I got a piece published on onefortyfiction today , my very first twitter fiction sub. I know they have a high acceptance rate but it still feels nice.

Check it out if you have the time: Van

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
I've Been following the credo of W1S1, minimum one story a week, since early this month... It's been a blast so far and I've got 5 or 6 complete stories out there with some flash/twitter fiction pending.

I'm happy to say that I got a piece published on onefortyfiction today , my very first twitter fiction sub. I know they have a high acceptance rate but it still feels nice.

Check it out if you have the time: Van

Nice punchline!

I have some braggage of my own: I sold a romance story to Woman's World magazine :D. My story will be in a supermarket near you this July.

Lizardmaker

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anneejohnson
Wow, Sai, that's a huge sale. Good for you!

Congrats on the Twitfics, Sammy and Phineas. (And yes, Sammy, I am doing the happy dance today!)

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Sai, that's great news. And to all the twitterfics - I find that quite a challenge. And great news about your book being launched, Anne. I'm impressed.

mhaynes

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelhaynes.info
Hello, Phineas and congrats!

Congrats on the sale, Sai -- I need to pick up a few issues and see if I can get in the hang of writing the mysteries they want. That payout is worth a few failed attempts if you can end up getting a sale out of it...

alimay

Registered
Reaction score
Nice punchline!

I have some braggage of my own: I sold a romance story to Woman's World magazine :D. My story will be in a supermarket near you this July.

That's brilliant. Congratulations.

Ali

faerydancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brendastokes.com
A little zine I co-edit just published its fourth issue. This month, we have stories from D. Thomas Minton and Ken Liu.

I'll just leave this link here in case you guys want to read them: http://goldfishgrimm.com/

Thanks for all your support everybody. GG has been more of a success than we could've ever hoped for. :)

mhaynes

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelhaynes.info
Not writing-related, but... As of earlier today, I'm officially the father of a high school graduate.

One or more of these seems like it should be appropriate now...

:hooray::cry::Lecture::Jaw:

O'Dandelo

Registered
Reaction score
Very cool, Michael! And surreal, I bet.

Some semi-braggage for me. I placed second in the bimonthly Shock Totem flash contest. A step down since I won the last one, but still, a nice little moment.

Shadow

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
storiesyoumightlike.wordpress.com
CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE :partyguy: A little baggage:

Just received an acceptance from fiction365!!!!!!!

edit: sorry for the charlie brown gif, just happy. :hooray:
DANCE+PARTY+1+1.+POST+DANCING+GIFS+EVERY+COMMENT+GETS+A+THUMB_574d8b_3093492.gif

Last edited:

mhaynes

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelhaynes.info
Very cool, Michael! And surreal, I bet.

A bit, yes. Though I think I actually went through the worst of the surreal/OMG-I'm-Getting-Old stuff a week or two back when she had her final HS choir concert. Today was more keeping the trains running on time for me than anything else.

Just received an acceptance from fiction365!!!!!!!

Nice! How many days? I have one sitting there what seems to be longer-than-average at the moment.

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
Congrats to everyone on their sales, high school graduates, awesome e-zines, and placing in the Shock Totem contest :).

sammyjwebb

Registered
Reaction score
land of geese and bulls in Northern Colorado
Congrats on the sale and Shock Totem placement!

I'm saving Goldfish and Grimm for to read after we get through recital weekend.

Michael will need to hold my hand in a few years when my oldest graduates.

Our bit of weekend braggage is kid related - it's dance recital weekend and our oldest performed on pointe for her first time ever. Makes a momma cry.

mhaynes

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelhaynes.info
19 days, they usually respond quickly. My first acceptance with them was 21 days.

Interesting. My story there is at about 45 days or so. And I queried about 5 days or so ago and haven't had a response. It's not a rush, I just hope I didn't fall through the virtual cracks...

Michael will need to hold my hand in a few years when my oldest graduates.

Our bit of weekend braggage is kid related - it's dance recital weekend and our oldest performed on pointe for her first time ever. Makes a momma cry.

We'll be doing this again ourselves in 3 years. And in 9 years. And in 11 years...

Congrats on your daughter's dance recital success!

Shadow

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
storiesyoumightlike.wordpress.com
Interesting. My story there is at about 45 days or so. And I queried about 5 days or so ago and haven't had a response. It's not a rush, I just hope I didn't fall through the virtual cracks...
Wow, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe wait a little longer, query once more and if you still don't hear anything. Resubmit to them?(or try another market?) They have said that they are pretty backed up over there but you may be right about it slipping through the virtual cracks. :(

Hope you get a response soon.

Last edited:

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I have been having such an awesome week! I designed my new website and got it live, sold two stories to HarperCollins UK's new Mischief line, and subbed I think 5 new short stories. And I also finished writing my first ever novella.

I hope this week is as good as the last! :D

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations Sai on the Women's World sale and O'Dandelo on the Shock Totem contest placement!

My story at the ST contest earned a whopping zero points, making it officially my worst placement there yet. At least I'm in good company :)

And Michael, congrats to your daughter for surviving high school :)

Status
Not open for further replies.