The W1S1 Check-in and Chill Lounge and Bar

Tienci

Lost in the Land of Giants
Registered
Reaction score
I think so--I was trying to come up with something new, but remembered a dud I had sitting, waiting to be revised/rewritten, so I think I'll work on fixing that.

Lillie

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh thanks!

I'm far too late for that one, but next months 'Mythpunk' seems to have triggered something in my mind.

Which is really good because I haven't written anything for about 2 weeks. Apart from one failed story that went nowhere and stopped.

Maybe this will kick start me.

Darkshore

Stranger
Registered
Reaction score
"Mythpunk"? Sounds interesting. My short is deciding to be a novel methinks, but I still don't think I have the writing chops to do the story justice.

Tienci

Registered
Reaction score
Yay! Just finished a rough rewrite of an old dud--not sure if it counts as a new story or not considering it's only the latest version (although completely rewritten from scratch using only the same concept/source of horror).

I should be able to edit and submit within the next few hours...

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
That mythpunk might be right up my alley. I even have a story waiting for edits that would work just nicely. If I can whip it into shape. :)

Tienci

Registered
Reaction score
Whoohoo! Made the Wily Writers deadline for "Halloween Horror."
Fourteen stories now out, and I'll probably work on getting some pieces currently benched back out (trying to distract from crickets).

Go get that mythpunk Aggy! :e2cheer:

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Whoohoo! Made the Wily Writers deadline for "Halloween Horror."
Fourteen stories now out

wooot, go you! (-:

I don't know that I've *ever* had fourteen stories out at once...

-Suzanne

Lillie

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh!

Well done all of you :)

Those are brilliant!

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
I can't tell you how I thrilled I am, not just that there are four of us in this issue (that's too cool, seriously), but it's just the four of us and ...

BRUCE BOSTON

Excuse me while I have a fangirl moment, but I'm a huge admirer. *runs in circles, flailing*

What a thrill.

Shelley

Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com
I can't tell you how I thrilled I am, not just that there are four of us in this issue (that's too cool, seriously), but it's just the four of us and ...

BRUCE BOSTON

Excuse me while I have a fangirl moment, but I'm a huge admirer. *runs in circles, flailing*

What a thrill.

Shelley

Neato! XD

Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com
I want to join this club... Are there membership restrictions?

Yeah. That's pretty much it, I think.

Depends. If it's mythpunk as coined by Catherine Valente it's much more open than just Greek stuff. Though, that would be fair play.

...aimed at mythology, folklore, the fairy tales we grew up with that told us all about a defined world where we could only be a few things: princesses or witches, princes or paupers, wizards or hags. Mythologies that defined a universe where women, queer folk, people of color, people who deviate from the norm were invisible or never existed. It's about breaking that dynamic and piecing it back together to make something strange and different and wild.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Does mythpunk have to be based on European folklore? Or can it come from other cultural backgrounds?

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
I want to join this club... Are there membership restrictions?
Well, there is the initiation... First you need to be blindfolded, then we drive you to a secluded area. It'll smell funny, but that's because the dog puked in the car on the last trip. Once we get there, we'll take the blindfold off - but it'll be kinda bright, so bring your shades. Someone will play bongos. There may be dancing - depending on how much everyone has had to drink. Don't be alarmed, this is perfectly normal. An Indian guide will appear and give you a drink, which sort of tastes like Pepto-Bismol but with a peppery aftertaste. Not bad on a ham sandwich... Anyway, you'll see some weird shit and pass out. When you come to, you'll find yourself stripped down to your undies and have a mohawk. If you're sadly without a head of hair, we'll draw some on for you.

And then something something else. We'll improvise because that's what writers do best. ;)

Lillie

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Any.

I should have put a :D after my comment about the Greeks.

Welcome, Gale.
You don't have to do anything to join.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score

BRUCE BOSTON
Who's Bruce Boston?

And congrats everyone in the Linger issue! It's rather cool that nearly everyone is from AW in that issue. :)