My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

RemusShepherd

Banned
Flounced
VPXI
Reaction score
Website
remus-shepherd.livejournal.com
Actual villains and actual fighting in My Little Pony? I approve.

Great episode. I like the show best when it has the overtones of a superhero team, and this episode played to that well.

I have one prediction for the next season: It's been confirmed that John DeLancie has done more voice work. It might not be for Discord, but the smart money is that the big boy is coming back.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
I have one prediction for the next season: It's been confirmed that John DeLancie has done more voice work. It might not be for Discord, but the smart money is that the big boy is coming back.
Maybe Queen Chrysalis breaks Discord out since Discord causes a lot of confusion and panic, emotions which she can feed off of. Best bad guy duo EVER!
seeing one of the mane 6 go on a date
Rarity did catch the bouquet...

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Looking for stories

(Wasn't sure where to put this.)

So I need to create a newsletter for a college course, and the theme I decided to go with was sub-cultures, specifically video games, anime, and MLP. Also considering writers, but I don't know if writers really have any stigma against them . . .

Edit: I got a better idea for the newsletter.
It still focuses on sub-cultures, but instead of looking for stigma, I'm going to focus instead on influence/impact/effects that the sub-culture has had on people's lives. It can be almost anything notable, positive or negative.

I still require interviews, but again, they're really nothing serious.

If anyone around here has any sort of experience(s) or stories of the influence MLP has had in their lives and they would be willing to share, please just send me a PM and we can go from there. :)

If you have any questions you can PM me or reply to this thread.

Last edited:

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
New FOE:pH chapter.

It's quite the trip, as always.
I felt kind of exhausted after I was finished.

bongalak

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking to get into FiM fanfictions, and I've noticed that there are several prominent fanfic sites. Among theme are

fanfiction.net
fimfiction.net
ponyfictionarchive.net

Are there any significant differences between them? I get a feel that fimfiction.net seems to host more serious kind of stories and fanfiction.net has more casual stories? I'm a bit new to the whole fanfic scene, so any pointers would be appreciated.

bongalak

Registered
Reaction score
I'm mostly interested in adventure and/or sad genre. I really liked the Moonstone Cup series, and that Bubbles story too.

Also, what does FOE: PH stand for? It was mentioned several times in above posts. It seems to be popular?

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
It's an acronym for Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons.
It's the only approved spinoff of the original Fallout: Equestria fanfiction.
Both of them are/were extremely popular works in the MLP fanfiction community.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I'm mostly interested in adventure and/or sad genre. I really liked the Moonstone Cup series, and that Bubbles story too.

Also, what does FOE: PH stand for? It was mentioned several times in above posts. It seems to be popular?
If you do like the original Fallout Equestria story, I'd also suggest Fallout Equestria: Heroes. It's my personal favorite FoE spinoff. It's on FIMFiction.

For story suggestions, there's:
And The Temptress Came Unto Her
Basically, the spirit of Nightmare tries to corrupt and possess Twilight.
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/23127/And-the-Temptress-Came-Unto-Her

On a Cross and an Arrow:
The mane six end up in a parallel world.
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/755/On-a-Cross-and-Arrow

Sunny Skies All Day Long
Celestia takes the day off while disguised as a regular pegasus.
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/20685/Sunny-Skies-All-Day-Long

My Funny Sister:
Rainbow Dash tells Scootaloo about a childhood friend of hers. A pretty good sad story.
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/1509/My-Funny-Sister

Bittersweet:
Pinkie Pie dies and the others try deal with it.
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/03/story-bittersweet.html

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so tired of sad, tragic, and dark fics.
I know there are good ones, but so many people seem to write those fics because they're so easy, especially in the MLP universe, they just have to imagine how to buck things up, and humans are really good at that; As Evelyn Waugh put it: "The human mind is inspired enough when it comes to inventing horrors; it is when it tries to invent a Heaven that it shows itself cloddish."

But simply because something is horrific doesn't make it notable, or it shouldn't anyways, but then Cupcakes got way more popularity than it deserved and for some reason people have been carrying on the tradition of that story ever since.

bongalak

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations Shadow Dragon! Gonna go check em out.

I've actually already read My Funny Sister. The story ain't big on subtlety that's for sure, but still enjoyed it. Manly sniffles were had.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
So....hi! *waves*

I've been lurking here for a bit. I got tired of every third person on the internet raving about Friendship is Magic and decided to check it out. I'm about three-four episodes into the second season now, and loving it.

However, my timing was such that I wound up watching "Party of One" on my birthday. Needless to say, that fucked with my head just a little.

lastlittlebird

avem narrans
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lastlittlebird.blogspot.com
I don't know why, but Party of One is my absolute favorite episode. Probably because it's the kind of episode that's capable of fucking with someone's head! :)

Love your avatar btw. I bet she would be an MLP fan.

MichelleJean

Registered
Reaction score
I watch it every week with my children!

When I was looking through the thread my girls kept commenting "That's Rainbow Dash" and "There's a changeling from the Canterlot wedding one!"

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Love your avatar btw. I bet she would be an MLP fan.
lol--she totally would.

And although that episode freaked me out, it wasn't a bad thing really. I kind of enjoy being freaked out. Just caught me off guard a bit.

lastlittlebird

avem narrans
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lastlittlebird.blogspot.com
I kind of feel like it's a bit too soon for a doco about Bronies... I mean, I know there's definitely a few things going on that they could use in it, but I feel like if they wait a few years there will be more weirdness... and more good stuff as well.
I don't think two years is really enough to portray it as anything more than a passing fad for most people, whether it actually is or not. And I wouldn't find that interesting if I was outside the fandom.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was a big My Little Pony fan when I was a kid. I keep hearing about this show. I really need to check it out.
Sounds hilarious.

Siren of Triton

Registered
Reaction score
It's so amazing that we have a thread on this! You can truly find bronies everywhere.

My favorite is Pinkie Pie.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Chapter 45 is here.

This is the chapter that broke the camel's back.
I feel like I'm starting to lose interest, it feels like we just keep adding plot elements that are never resolved and going through the same actions. "Oh look, another piece of grimdark horror, or a fight where BJ just barely escapes, or another chapter ending on a cliffhanger."
Been there, done that, don't care anymore. The romance is more interesting at this point, and that's not worth slogging through the rest of the story for.
I mean seriously, I got to the point where they're looking at Hightower and then I just couldn't take it anymore, I skipped to the end and went "Oh look, another cliffhanger ending. Who could have ever imagined . . ."
The author has broken Blackjack so many times now, that the moments have ceased to have meaning--they're not turning points in the story anymore, they're just par for the course, they're regular.

Besides that, the Wastelands aren't feeling like the Wastelands. These supposed are to be dead and destitute lands, and the Hoof is supposed to be the worse, but it's teeming with all kinds of life and action. Where's the desolation? Simply structural desolation doesn't count--it doesn't feel like I'm in a post-apocalypse wasteland, I feel like I'm just in some random country with a dark secret.