My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I admit, I've gotten hooked on this cartoon. What can I say, Rainbow Dash is simply that amazing. :D

The oddest thing is that apparently more guys watch this show than girls. And I love some of the comments they make on the episodes on youtube. "Would anyone else rather have someone walk in on them watching dirty stuff than this cartoon?" :tongue

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
There is a My Little Pony tv show?? What channel? I used to love MLP when I was a kid, and my daughter loves it now. I sometimes watch the movies with her.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Not that I am in any way admitting to having watched the show, I must point out that the art in the first few minutes was more interesting to my eye than what followed - the highly stylized artwork, with the spindly legs, really looked promising...

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There is a My Little Pony tv show?? What channel? I used to love MLP when I was a kid, and my daughter loves it now. I sometimes watch the movies with her.

The Hub

My favorite songs are tired between Winter Wrap Up and The Art of the Dress.

This show has it's finger jammed up my nose and is tickling the pleasure centers of my brainnnnnn.

A disturbing mental picture begins to emerge.

I haven't seen the show, but I'll check it out. I'm happily addicted to Transformers Prime and GI Joe Renegades

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
My little boy loves this show. He bounces between this and Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I watched five minutes of episode 24.
It's killing me.
If I have to watch another 10 minutes of so much sheer cuteness I. Will. Die.
I cannot take so much optimism and happiness after reading the entire library of the Greek tragedies over the last few months.

But now I want to recreate parts of their world in Minecraft...it's very visually appealing. (BTW, did you know there are a lot of MLP avatars on the MC forums? Not sure why...)

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
But now I want to recreate parts of their world in Minecraft...it's very visually appealing. (BTW, did you know there are a lot of MLP avatars on the MC forums? Not sure why...)
Correction, there's a lot of pony avatars everywhere on the internet. ;)

lndsymllr

Registered
Reaction score
I looooove this shooooowwww.

Who else is watching?

Come on. Fess up, you know it's awesome!

I LOVED this show when I was little! I even had MLP painted on my bedroom wall! I didn't know the TV show was still around :hooray:

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
It's not! This is the latest iteration, just like how the new Doctor Who is a new iteration of the old Doctor Who.

RemusShepherd

Banned
Flounced
VPXI
Reaction score
Website
remus-shepherd.livejournal.com
I should have known there would be a MLP:FiM thread on AbWrite. :)

Yes, I'm loving this show. It's an example of character building, worldbuilding, and storytelling done well. It has a lot to offer writers, I think: Lauren Faust said that she designed the six main characters after six archetypes of the female romance novel protagonist. She's also determined to give this children's show continuity, intelligent stories, and moments of real conflict and danger.

This show is epic fantasy, but it sticks a hoof into the superhero genre. All of the main character's special talents were awakened by the Sonic Rainboom -- the 'White Event' of the MLP universe -- and most of them are quite high in power level. We have one pony that's super-strong and durable, a superspeedster, one pony who can control animals up to and including dragons, and...well, and Pinkie Pie, who twists reality around herself like cotton candy.

As for Twilight, she might be the third most powerful pony in Equestria. It's obvious that Princess Celestia is keeping her in a backwater town in order to turn her into a weapon. Friendship is magic, and Twilight is accumulating dangerous quantities of it. But why? There's a lot of epic subtext woven into the plot of this show.

But all that's in the backstory, invisible to the children who watch it. The front story is just a charming cartoon. Great show. Can't wait for season two.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Lauren Fast is not part of the official team anymore, last I heard she's just a consultant now. Granted, one they'll probably run to pretty often.

What's a "White event"?

amrose

is Envy Augustine
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I had no idea this existed. I hope they release season one on dvd...