Santa, the last of the wildmen

AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 631567175767778798081
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2010

Thread: Entangled Publishing

Go forth aimless and uncalculating captkirk12's Avatar
    Just thought I'd post my experience with Entangled Publishing. Submitted in August to August (new imprint). :-) Originally had a 70K contemporary romance (the upper limit stated on their Submissions page for the August imprint) ready to go but when I clicked to submit via Submittable the next page had a lower limit listed - 65K. The Submittable page had a 65K limit as well so I spent some time revising to fall within that range. Approximately 6 weeks passed before it went from "Received" to "In-Progress". The 60-day mark arrived with no rejection or update so I nudged via the general Submissions email address but received no response.

At this point I'm assuming it's a rejection but luckily I received a very positive and detailed R&R on the same manuscript from an editor at another publisher (only waited 3 weeks for a response!). She asked only that I strengthen one particular line of conflict so I'm moving forward with that revision. Best of luck to anyone on submission with Entangled, or any other publisher for that matter.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I submitted to Entangled in June (22nd) and received my response on the 3rd of October. In it the editor wrote the submission was intriguing and well written, however the following issue felt too problematic for us to consider the manuscript further. She informed me of what the problem was, then wrote, "We understand that writing is a continual process of development and improvement, so should you choose to revise this project, you are welcome to resubmit it for consideration no earlier than six months from today's date. In the meantime, please keep us in mind for your next project.
    I know this may seem like a silly question to some, but to me this seemed like a polite and informative rejection, however I was also told by some friends they have received emails like this and they see it as a r&r. Can anyone else weigh in for me so we can settle this debate? Thanks!

Scribe of the girls in the basement Marissa D's Avatar
    New England but hankering for the old one
    Well, it's sort of both. Or halfway between. All the R&Rs I've had involved substantial feedback and back-and-forth with a specific editor; this is more generic than that. It's a rejection of the manuscript in its present form, but the door has been left open should you choose to make the changes they suggest. A further re-submission may well result in a final rejection--there are no guarantees offered.

practical experience, FTW KiwiLady's Avatar
    I've just had an R&R from Entangled. The editor replied to my submission by saying she enjoyed the MS but would need to see changes made before she could consider going further with it and asked if I would be interested. I was, so she then replied with a list of things that weren't working for her. She told me I could resubmit at any time and to contact her if I had any questions in the meantime.

If you look on Query Tracker, it seems like the six month window is a common thing with Entangled, but perhaps slightly different to an R&R. If you're happy to make the changes suggested, then I'd go for it - I'd almost guarantee it will make your manuscript stronger, which will also help when you're submitting elsewhere so it seems like a win/win situation.

Good luck! (And if you're wondering, my R&R ended up as a rejection).
    WIP - YA Fantasy...plotting finished, about to start writing
    Tainted Copper - Querying

My website
    Twitter
    Facebook

paranormal interest Jennifer Robins's Avatar
    I submitted a novel in late Sept. Received a email 2 days ago asking for more time, that it is still in review. I hope that's a good sign. they also asked if I get another offer to let them know.

figuring it all out
    Does anyone know what's going on with the Entangled 'Ignite' line (category romantic suspense)? There are still submission guidelines on their website (https://entangledpublishing.com/enta...on-guidelines/), but no such category exists on the actual Submittable page (https://entangledpublishing.submittable.com/submit). It's been like that for a few months at least; I'm not sure whether it's a glitch in the system or they're not looking for Ignite submissions at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephiny0 View Post
    Does anyone know what's going on with the Entangled 'Ignite' line (category romantic suspense)? There are still submission guidelines on their website (https://entangledpublishing.com/enta...on-guidelines/), but no such category exists on the actual Submittable page (https://entangledpublishing.submittable.com/submit). It's been like that for a few months at least; I'm not sure whether it's a glitch in the system or they're not looking for Ignite submissions at the moment.
    Since you can't see it on Submittable, and it's not on their main submissions page here, and they haven't had any releases in the past couple of months (link)...I'm guessing they're closing the line. They did some restructuring about six months ago. I can't remember all the details.

for the love of love Lydia Sharp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephiny0 View Post
    The Ignite imprint was closed this year. Romantic suspense manuscripts can be submitted to the Amara imprint if they fit the Amara guidelines for length and content. https://entangledpublishing.submitta...it/19016/amara
    We will get the website updated asap. Thank you, and sorry for the confusion!

Lydia Sharp
    author represented by Laura Bradford
    editor with Entangled Publishing
    frequently on Twitter

figuring it all out
    I see, thanks for clarifying! Sadly I don't have any manuscript long enough for Amara at the moment, but will bear that in mind for the future.

To you new authors submitting to Entangled with stars in your eyes and your hopes high, I suggest you do your research on this house. And I don't mean on guidelines and rules or paying attention to the handful (literal handfuls) of authors who do well here. But go on their website, go through the authors' list and check all their books.

I sure wish I had.

I don't know what Entangled's goal is, but it def isn't SELLING books. More like amassing as many books and authors as possible, then spitting them out in careless bulks every week with NO marketing or focus.

I know some of you just want that "validation" from a traditional publishing house so you'll do anything, but sometimes it's just not worth all the blood, sweat and tears you've put into your art. They don't care. You're just another book title there. No matter how many exclamation points you see in that first email from your editor. Once you sign that contract...

Just saying, guys. In all those weeks/months you're sitting there waiting on an R&R, do your research. And be careful where you submit.

YA Fantasy authors can ignore this. They do take good care of YA Fantasy authors.
    Last edited by Nola D; 12-06-2017 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Typos

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 631567175767778798081