• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Entangled Publishing

CheekyWench

O.o
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elysabethwilliams.com
No, but I sub'd for last month's superhereo anthology. Got a R&R for their novella line. **squee!** So I'm working on that now. They responded within days to my sub with very detailed suggestions for revisions. I've had a great experience so far!

Very very awesome! Congrats!

akaria

Registered
Reaction score
anybody sub'd for the Steampunk Antho?

http://www.entangledpublishing.com/submission-information/steampunk-anthology/

Wish I had known about it sooner. Someone just tweeted me the info. Cut off date is Dec.1.
:stares at PR nanowrimo: Yeah, that's not going to happen. lol

I feel your pain! I was going to sub to their superhero anthology but only found out about it Oct. 29. Deadline was Nov. 1 and that story needs another round of edits before being sent out into the world. :(

Prisoner24601

One Mouthy Broad
Registered
Reaction score
I have to admit that after poking around their website, I like what I see. I'm thinking about submitting a novella for one of their antho calls but I'm confused about what rights they retain and for how long.

This is what they say on their website:

We retain all rights—including foreign and performance rights—and sell them aggressively. With the depressed US economy, much of Entangled’s revenue comes from foreign sales.

I'm confused by what this means, and whether or not the 40% royalty number includes if they sell foreign rights or performance rights. I'm also confused by how long they hold those rights for and if are there reversion clauses in their contracts by time limit or copies sold.

Last edited:

silver76

Living the Dream (Nightmare)
Registered
Reaction score
My debut novel is being pubbed with them in July 12. Stacy Cantor Abrams is my editor- she rules and so far from what I can tell everyone there rules too!

nitaworm

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Entangled Publishing is accepting submissions

I got this tidbit of information on this new Imprint:

For any of you who writes Romantic Suspense (of any kind/sub-genre, as long as it has a romance, word count 50-70K), and is still considering submitting to a regular publisher as an alternative (or addition) to your self-pubbed endeavors, I would like to extend you a personal invitation to submit to my brand new (as yet unannounced) romantic suspense line at Entangled Publishing. http://www.entangledpublishing.com/ We should be making the announcement around the first of the year, so here's your chance to get in before the crowd!

Entangled offers e-royalties of 40% of cover, and print of 9% of cover. We will be actively pursuing foreign rights and audio rights sales as well. :)

For more info, contact me at: [email protected]
To submit your story for consideration, email the first 25 pages plus a 5 page (no longer!) synopsis to: [email protected]

Happy Holidays, and good reading!
Nina

Nina Bruhns
Editorial Director, RS line
Entangled Publishing

Shall

Too Much Plot, No Substance
Registered
Reaction score
Thank You Nina. I have a work in progress. It could be finished by February.

Last edited:

JBuck

Registered
Reaction score
Just received my copy of Kelley York's (AW's Ether) 'Hushed' in the mail!!!
Am so excited to read it. The cover is great and the print/binding etc are all really good.
So big ticks for Entangled so far.
They seem like such an exciting new publishing co!
When I subbed to them a few months ago the editor rejected me with some great feedback and an offer to revise and resubmit.
Good luck to those out on sub.

ether

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kelley-york.com
Just received my copy of Kelley York's (AW's Ether) 'Hushed' in the mail!!!
Am so excited to read it. The cover is great and the print/binding etc are all really good.
So big ticks for Entangled so far.
They seem like such an exciting new publishing co!
When I subbed to them a few months ago the editor rejected me with some great feedback and an offer to revise and resubmit.
Good luck to those out on sub.

I was really happy with all of that, too. ;) THANK YOU! And I hope you enjoy it.

JBuck

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, Ether.
Finished 'Hushed' last night and just wanted to say that I could not put it down. I'm still thinking about Archer and Evan this morning - actually, I woke up thinking about them!
What a debut!
Congratulations on the beginning of what I imagine to be a long and succussful writing career.
:Sun:

ether

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kelley-york.com
Wow, Ether.
Finished 'Hushed' last night and just wanted to say that I could not put it down. I'm still thinking about Archer and Evan this morning - actually, I woke up thinking about them!
What a debut!
Congratulations on the beginning of what I imagine to be a long and succussful writing career.
:Sun:

Aww, thank you so much!! That made my day. I attribute a lot of it to Entangled and their great team, and my awesome editor. :)

Eva Lefoy

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
writery.wordpress.com
Entangled Publishing - Flirts

Hi all,

Have any of you read the Flirts put out by Entangled Publishing? I think they accept submission of 10k-15k for that line, contemporary mainly, and they publish in ebook format only.

I wasn't sure if anybody had heard of them since I believe they are new - they just started this year http://www.entangledpublishing.com/

Has anybody subbed to them or published with them?

Thanks,

Jarrah

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
There's a thread over in Bewares, Recommendations, and Background Checks for Entangled: <snipped>

Toward the more recent posts, you'll see that there are some AWers who either have been published or will be published with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

girlyswot

Registered
Reaction score
Website
myromancereviews.wordpress.com
Hi all,

Have any of you read the Flirts put out by Entangled Publishing? I think they accept submission of 10k-15k for that line, contemporary mainly, and they publish in ebook format only.

I wasn't sure if anybody had heard of them since I believe they are new - they just started this year http://www.entangledpublishing.com/

Has anybody subbed to them or published with them?

Thanks,

Jarrah

I had a Flirt published in December. No idea what sales have been like but I've been very impressed with Entangled - a great editor, good cover art, lots of marketing. They've all been very helpful to work with. I've also had a book accepted for their Indulgence line (50-60,000 words)

They are a romance (with some YA) publisher, though, so if that's not your genre, you probably need to look elsewhere.

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
PGW is a good distributor; this is definitely a solid strategic move on Entangled's part.

ether

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kelley-york.com
For anyone interested, eight editors from EP will be on YAtopia January 25th taking pitches!

You are in luck! On January 25th, editors from Entangled Publishing will be right here taking your pitches for the following lines:

Flirt (10k-15k words, strong romantic elements, most genres)
Ever After (20k-40k words, strong romantic elements, most genres)
Lori Wilde's...Indulgence (50k-60k words)

- More information, including what each editor is looking for. This is for both adult and YA.

Hope to see some of you there. ;)