• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Entangled Publishing

Anna204

Registered
Reaction score
Any news? I'm on day 30 now and it's been on my mind way more than I anticipated! I made a huge mistake that I noticed IMMEDIATELY, which was attaching a less polished draft. After days of deliberating, I ultimately decided it was more embarrassing to send in a "my bad" email and just let it be. I reviewed the draft I sent and the content is all the same, just has less commas and a handful of small typos. Embarrassing, but hopefully they will judge the content and determine if I'm worth investing in the editing time!

I just heard back from them at the 60 day mark and they requested more time to review. Maybe they are behind?

WriterRoo

Registered
Reaction score
I just heard back from them at the 60 day mark and they requested more time to review. Maybe they are behind?

That's good to know, Anna! Did they indicate whether or not they had started reading yours at all? Or do you think they meant that they hadn't made it to your submission yet?

Anna204

Registered
Reaction score
That's good to know, Anna! Did they indicate whether or not they had started reading yours at all? Or do you think they meant that they hadn't made it to your submission yet?

By the sounds of it, they have either read it, or are in the process of reading it. The editor said something about some issues with my manuscript, so maybe they are in the fence about it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

WriterRoo

Registered
Reaction score
By the sounds of it, they have either read it, or are in the process of reading it. The editor said something about some issues with my manuscript, so maybe they are in the fence about it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

That still sounds promising! Best of luck to you! Keep us posted :)

hsavage

Registered
Reaction score
Well....I did hear something. I did end up nudging a couple weeks later with no response. Then a couple weeks after THAT I participated in a Pitch party (I can't remember which because I participate in a few). I got favorited by another Editor for Entangled, and I tweeted her back. I mentioned how I already had a submissions with so-and-so, and the editor said that's amazing. And guess what happened? The so-and-so tweeted me back saying that she's no longer with Entangled and to go ahead and submit to the new Editor. -_____- Now that.......REALLY made me mad. I'd been waiting over 20 weeks for a response and nothing. I mean, wouldn't it be polite to send out a short email to the authors that have sent their full MS to you, just to let them know that you can no longer consider the book? I don't want to say who it was in case it leaves a bad rep, but if you message me the Editor that you're waiting for a response from, I can let you know if it's her.

I did end up submitting to the new Editor though. 6 Weeks ago and counting *sigh*.

Anna204

Registered
Reaction score
Well....I did hear something. I did end up nudging a couple weeks later with no response. Then a couple weeks after THAT I participated in a Pitch party (I can't remember which because I participate in a few). I got favorited by another Editor for Entangled, and I tweeted her back. I mentioned how I already had a submissions with so-and-so, and the editor said that's amazing. And guess what happened? The so-and-so tweeted me back saying that she's no longer with Entangled and to go ahead and submit to the new Editor. -_____- Now that.......REALLY made me mad. I'd been waiting over 20 weeks for a response and nothing. I mean, wouldn't it be polite to send out a short email to the authors that have sent their full MS to you, just to let them know that you can no longer consider the book? I don't want to say who it was in case it leaves a bad rep, but if you message me the Editor that you're waiting for a response from, I can let you know if it's her.

I did end up submitting to the new Editor though. 6 Weeks ago and counting *sigh*.

This sucks. If you can say there is a silver lining, at least you gifured it out. I'm going to message you since I'm waiting and would hate to be waiting forever.

hsavage

Registered
Reaction score
Exactly. At least now I'm not just waiting and waiting in hopes of a return call/email that I'll never receive. I responded to your email :)

Anna204

Registered
Reaction score
I ended up getting a revise and resubmit. I'm excited about it and I'll see where it goes.

hsavage

Registered
Reaction score
I got a form rejection :-( Oh well. I did a revise and resubmit for another publisher, and wasn't able to send the revised version to Entangled because it was through Submittable. They require 6 months between a revision too *sigh*

- - - Updated - - -

And Congrats on the Revise and Resubmit! Take your time and make sure you love it before sending it out!! Good luck t you!

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I got a form rejection :-( Oh well. I did a revise and resubmit for another publisher, and wasn't able to send the revised version to Entangled because it was through Submittable. They require 6 months between a revision too *sigh*

- - - Updated - - -

And Congrats on the Revise and Resubmit! Take your time and make sure you love it before sending it out!! Good luck t you!

You know, you're right about that. I remember them telling me to re-sub in six months. I never did. I'll look into it.

Anna204

Registered
Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

It's too bad about the rejection. :(

Thank you for the kind words. I will take my time with it.

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
I am waiting with baited breath for a response from these guys on my Fantasy Romance. I really, really hope they like it. I'm on day 37 and the wait is torture! I just keep compulsively checking the "pending" status.

FiveForFlight

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I am waiting with baited breath for a response from these guys on my Fantasy Romance. I really, really hope they like it. I'm on day 37 and the wait is torture! I just keep compulsively checking the "pending" status.
Ugh! I totally understand your nerves on fire. It's tempting to check Submittable every hour, on the hour. Sometimes, I even give in to the urge. I'm only on Day 14 of a 60 day wait. I wish you the best of luck and a shiny new contract, OceanSoul. :)

Anna204

Registered
Reaction score
I have another manuscript with Entangled that's past the 60 day mark. What have others done in this situation? I'm not sure how and where to contact them.

NicolaD

This will all make sense tomorrow
Registered
Reaction score
I signed a three-book contract back in Feb for their new erotic line, Scorched. Was SUPER fast, like a week, which made a very nice change (for my second book with EP, the wait was over 90 days.)

Hugs and chocolate and alcohol to everyone waiting.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I signed a three-book contract back in Feb for their new erotic line, Scorched. Was SUPER fast, like a week, which made a very nice change (for my second book with EP, the wait was over 90 days.)

Hugs and chocolate and alcohol to everyone waiting.

Boy, did you get the golden ticket on that one! Huge congrats. Bust out the bubbly. :hooray:

avnelson

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! So this is my first time submitting to Entangled (the New Adult Embrace line) and I'm at the 60 day mark. Does anyone know if they have a substantial backlog? I love their books and am dying to know their decision, lol. Should I email them at their submissions email tomorrow if I don't hear back or just wait it out? Don't want to be pushy. My submission has been "In Progress" for like 60 days so I have no idea what that means...

Anna204

Registered
Reaction score
When I submitted my NA they contacted me at the 60 day mark asking for more time.

With my contemporary romance, I didn't hear until the 75 day Mark and got a rejection. Maybe wait a few more days then contact them. My most recent experience with them was a few months ago and it was longer than usual.

avnelson

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! So I'm at the 70 day mark and was wondering if anyone knew what email I should contact Entangled at or if I should use their online contact form on the website? This is my first time submitting and in the confirmation email they didn't specify any address for follow up queries. I'm guessing they're just bogged down with submissions but my email can be really screwy so I want to make sure the response didn't get eaten. Thanks!

romancewriter

Registered
Reaction score
I subbed a YA fantasy romance to Entangled on the 17th and it went to in progress by the following morning. Not sure what's happening with it now. I also mentioned the story had series potential. I have bits and pieces written for 5 different books for this series. Now I just need to find the time to pull it all together. Now just to wait to see what else is going to happen.

Last edited: