• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Entangled Publishing

NicolaD

This will all make sense tomorrow
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, everyone. Waiting never stops sucking, no matter what stage you are at. :)

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Ms. Evans, who favorited my #pitmad pitch and received my novel through e-mail not Submittable, is a little behind. She told me she'll be another couple weeks when I SQ'd this week (after 68 days from sending the novel). It's very nice to get a response and an estimated wait time off a SQ.

I don't know if this applies to anyone submitting through Submittable, but I thought I'd update the thread.

RDHoward

Registered
Reaction score
Well, alas I received an electronic R today, on day 58 of waiting. I was hoping to at least receive some feedback if it was rejected, but it's understandable, given the amount of subs they receive. My stats, if anyone is interested:

Submitted: 6/27
Went to In-Progress: 6/27
Rejected: 8/24

I still am waiting to hear back on a few other publishers, so it's not the end of the world. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

S.C. Wynne

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sc-wynne.com
Well, alas I received an electronic R today, on day 58 of waiting. I was hoping to at least receive some feedback if it was rejected, but it's understandable, given the amount of subs they receive. My stats, if anyone is interested:

Submitted: 6/27
Went to In-Progress: 6/27
Rejected: 8/24

I still am waiting to hear back on a few other publishers, so it's not the end of the world. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Sorry to hear it. Good luck with the other subs you have out! :(

RDHoward

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you S.C. Wynne! As fate would have it, I actually opened my email today and got an acceptance and contract agreement from another publisher, so where one door closes, another opens. Entangled is still awesome, and I'm planning on submitting to them in the future. Best of luck to all you out there waiting!

hsavage

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the contract RDHoward!! Even if it wasn't with Entangled, I'm sure you got a pretty amazing publisher ;-) I really hope to hear back from them soon, but who knows. I submitted my full MS to Laura Stone per request on 7/18 so it's only been a little over a month. I didn't receive any confirmation that she received it. I'll wait another month before politely nudging.

alvin123

Author of Hell to Pay (Blood for S)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alvinjatwater.com
Adding a couple links ...

Savvy Media Services, LLC: http://www.savvymediaservices.com/

Savvy Authors: http://www.savvyauthors.com/vb/content.php

Applying the definitions usually held by folks who use "traditional" and "indie", this parses as "... between commercial and self-publishing models ...". Which doesn't make much more sense -- unless there's author payment involved.

They're a hybrid publisher. It's the new thing companies are trying to boost now "the best of both worlds." Google hybrid publishers.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
They're a hybrid publisher. It's the new thing companies are trying to boost now "the best of both worlds." Google hybrid publishers.

The post you quoted is from 2011... Entangled has evolved and grown a lot since then.

hsavage

Registered
Reaction score
It was 12 weeks on Sunday since I submitted my full to Entangled *sigh* I had nudged a little over a month ago to make sure the editor received it (because it wasn't through submittable), and she replied that she had it in her queue. Now it would just seem weird if I nudged again lol. Biting my nails here!

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
It was 12 weeks on Sunday since I submitted my full to Entangled *sigh* I had nudged a little over a month ago to make sure the editor received it (because it wasn't through submittable), and she replied that she had it in her queue. Now it would just seem weird if I nudged again lol. Biting my nails here!

I can see what you mean in that circumstance. I think you might let it go a little longer. Only because I believe that Entangled is so damn popular, I can imagine that they are swamped throughout year! They're probably buried.

hsavage

Registered
Reaction score
That's what I figured triceretops. I don't want to seem too desperate...even though I feel like it haha. It's just been really hard with a PNR. Not many people are interested, and she showed interest even with my first 3 chapters, so that's a plus.

hsavage

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! Still haven't heard back, and hoping no news is good news. Maybe she's still reading it?

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
Pleased to announce:

Sheryl Nantus's DELTA FORCE BROTHERHOOD series, following a team of ex-military alphas who form a secret company to help those in need by walking alongside the law rather than obeying it, and the women who steal their hearts, to Candace Havens at Entangled Select, in a three-book deal, by Rachel Brooksat L. Perkins Agency in association with Louise Fury (World).

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Pleased to announce:

Sheryl Nantus's DELTA FORCE BROTHERHOOD series, following a team of ex-military alphas who form a secret company to help those in need by walking alongside the law rather than obeying it, and the women who steal their hearts, to Candace Havens at Entangled Select, in a three-book deal, by Rachel Brooksat L. Perkins Agency in association with Louise Fury (World).

Huge CONGRATS on that sale!

That really sounds like something I would read and love. Got something like it myself.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Sheryl! Wishing you much success on the new series.

hsavage

Registered
Reaction score
Pleased to announce:

Congratulations!!!!! So amazing!!

hsavage

Registered
Reaction score
It's been over 16 weeks now. I think I'll nudge again, since it's getting close to the holidays. I wonder if she'll reject me for nudging again. Like "This woman is annoying...." lol

WriterRoo

Registered
Reaction score
Waiting in 2016

It's been over 16 weeks now. I think I'll nudge again, since it's getting close to the holidays. I wonder if she'll reject me for nudging again. Like "This woman is annoying...." lol

Any news? I'm on day 30 now and it's been on my mind way more than I anticipated! I made a huge mistake that I noticed IMMEDIATELY, which was attaching a less polished draft. After days of deliberating, I ultimately decided it was more embarrassing to send in a "my bad" email and just let it be. I reviewed the draft I sent and the content is all the same, just has less commas and a handful of small typos. Embarrassing, but hopefully they will judge the content and determine if I'm worth investing in the editing time!