• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Entangled Publishing

LeaveMeBroken

Registered
Reaction score
Could someone explain what a "QA" is? I'm not familiar with the abbreviation. Some possibilities:

Question & Answer?
Quality Assurance?
Questionable Assistance?

It's being bandied about but I can't find it discussed in the thread. Thanks.

Sorry! Quality Assurance :)

Le Mole

Registered
Reaction score
QA: Quacking Abysmal.

At least it's Quacking Abysmal when an author's made to rewrite an entire book at that stage, even though it's already gone through a minimum of two sets of full-on edits. But clearly that's not Entangled's fault for not training their editors correctly from the outset. Nothing's Entangled's fault. Their system is perfect. Exactly as I said in my very first post.

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone seen a full list of 'acceptable' tropes for Entangled anywhere?

I found their examples, but not a complete list. Does it exist?

GigiPup

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all-

Does anyone have information regarding Entangled's submission response turnaround time?

Thanks!

rnpudel

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all-

Does anyone have information regarding Entangled's submission response turnaround time?

Thanks!

I submitted a ms to Entangled after I met an editor at a conference and she requested the ms. I received a response about 6 months later.

Last edited:

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all-

Thanks!

I have submitted a few things to Entangled via Submittable in the past year or two, and I believe I always heard back within 1-2 months.

NicolaD

This will all make sense tomorrow
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all-

Thanks!

With my second EP book, I subbed Oct 27 and got the acceptance email Jan 20. (I nudged twice.)

Jeneral

Cat wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
I submitted earlier this week, and after skimming through this thread started obsessively checking the status. I went from "Received" to "In-Progress" tonight! Yippee!

Jeneral

Cat wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, never mind, got the R today. My stats, in case anyone was curious:

Submitted: 5/11/15; Moved to In-Progress: 5/15/15; Rejected: 5/26/15. Really quick, overall.

Jeneral

Cat wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to be pleased that my project at least caught their attention, and that's something. I guess?

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I've had a full out after a #pitmad request since June 6. Although, reading the e-mail, the editor said 2-3 weeks, huh.

This was straight e-mail, no submittable

RDHoward

Registered
Reaction score
I've had a sub out since June 27th. It went to "In progress" within the first 24 hours, so from what I've gathered, with Entangled, no news is good news. I have just thrown myself into my new WIP to get my mind off of it, otherwise it's easy to go stir crazy. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back. I think they're a bit swamped at the moment with conferences and a lot of submissions, so sit tight and pray. And write. ;)

"Be the change you wish to see." -Gandhi

Contemporary Romance, 111,800 words - submitted June 27th
Paranormal Romance - WIP (15,000/60,000)
Dystopian YA - WIP

On Twitter: https://twitter.com/RoxanneDHoward

Last edited:

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
I don't really think of Entangled of being that small. More like a mid-sized independent. They publish quite a few books a year and have pretty good sales.

I submitted my last book to them.They passed, but I liked that I got to submit the whole manuscript. They got back to me after about 28 days.

hsavage

Registered
Reaction score
How long does it usually take for a response time with Entangled?
I queried after a fav on #pit2pub and received a full request on 7/19 (sent it same day) and haven't heard anything since. Not even a "we received your full". I mean...it's only been a month but I still worry like 'what if she didn't get my full? what if it got lost in the junk pile?'. I sent it with the subject REQUESTED MATERIALS: (TITLE)/ genre.

RDHoward

Registered
Reaction score
Hi hsavage, the consensus I've seen (from what I've read) is usually 1-2 months, I think. I've been at in-progress for 46 days. I'll gently nudge at day 60 if I haven't heard anything, but honestly I think it's a hurry up and wait sort of deal. If you sent it through submittable, they got it. My best advice is write your head off in the meantime. I've been working through a new MS, and it's helped get my mind off of it. Best of luck to everyone waiting, though, it's nail-biting torture. ;)

hsavage

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks RDHoward. It wasn't through submittable, it was a direct email with one of the editors. But I'll just wait :-S hahaha

Lee Ann Ward Books

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.leeannward.com
Hi, all! I submitted to Entangled through Submittable on 6/21/15 and it went to "In Progress" the next day. So, I'm at day 52 in the waiting game. So, if I don't hear back by day 60, I'm going to nudge them as well. They provide an email for "nudging" if it's been 60 days, thank goodness. The waiting has been excruciating, to say the least. Good luck to everyone still waiting. Fingers crossed...

RDHoward

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Lee Ann, it sounds like we're in the same boat! Good luck and hang in there, I have a feeling we'll both be hearing back soon enough. :) Fingers crossed, indeed - and arms, and toes, and eyes!