• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Entangled Publishing

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
You are going to try and get an agent based on an offer from Entangled?
Congrats on the offer. I find it interesting they are actually going to phone you.

Well, sort of. I had some queries and a full out still. Stephen requested from a twitter pitch, I wasn't actively searching for a publisher. So I contacted the agents reading before I agreed to the exclusive. Its not an official offer. Its more of a "I'll take it to aquisitions as soon as we get it closer to what were looking for" (plot structure needed a bit of work). The call was to discuss the revisions he wanted.

juliatheswede

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
In the mail.

Actually, just reread the email from the editor and it said 'that I should be hearing from the contracts department sometime in the next couple of weeks.' So maybe it's email after all. I just assumed it was mail.

Last edited:

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Contracts are super easy now. They have a system that allows you to sign online, then Liz signs and you're emailed a PDF back. At least, that's my most recent experience.

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
Contracts are super easy now. They have a system that allows you to sign online, then Liz signs and you're emailed a PDF back. At least, that's my most recent experience.

Yeah that's how mine worked too. It was really cool and high tech with the email signatures.

Cheryl Mackie

Striving for greatness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cherriemack.com
Hi Everyone,

I've been reading the posts on here and decided today was the day to submit my novel to Entangled. For me, this story was the one that stuck with me for a long time. I shelved it, revised it and no matter what, it stuck to me. My labor of love has since gone on to be rewritten since its early inception and then shelved for a bit. I was going to go the agent route but I felt the word count would stifle my chances at representation. Entangled seems like the next best thing. I am published with two other small presses but looking for that one place where, if I work hard, can be a great career move. Reading the comments on here, I believe I might have found it. Crossing my fingers.

Personal Prose

Registered
Reaction score
So sorry, Cheryl. I received my rejection from Avon Impulse today. I feel your pain. Sending hugs.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
If you've submitted to another Entangled line and got an R, can you still submit to their new imprint Embrace?

KAusten

Registered
Reaction score
That's not advised, Undercover. If you subbed through submittable, it will tell them that the ms has already been declined. If you subbed before submittable and it was never added, then they would've passed it on to another editor who could've worked with it.

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
Many publishers keep track of who's submitted what and if it's been rejected.

I dug out an older manuscript to send to one editor I'd worked with for years and embarrassed myself by finding out I'd subbed it before and it'd been rejected.

Some publishers *do* keep track of what's been refused.

Cheryl Mackie

Striving for greatness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cherriemack.com
If you've submitted to another Entangled line and got an R, can you still submit to their new imprint Embrace?

I'd say no, too. Because it is such a subjective business not everyone will feel the same about each MS. However, if it's the same publisher, I think they keep track. Sorta like a collective no from all if one rejects. Go to another publisher and try your luck. Send Entangled something new. Good Luck.

Stacy

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, could you tell me how long it took for you to receive pdf copy after you sign and sent? I signed and sent mine ummm about 10 days ago, and I am wondering what the turn around time is like?

Thanks!