• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Entangled Publishing

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
I got a request from Stephen Morgan on twitter (#PitchMas) last month. Their new process of submitting on the website says you should have an answer within 30 days, but reading up it didn't seem like things we're moving that fast. (30 days seems quick for a full manuscript review and decision.)

I was thinking about asking on here if anyone knew if I should just wait it out since I'm coming up on on my 30 days, but I got my answer this morning.

He said he loved my pitch and was intrigued by the manuscript but will need more time to make a decision (but no idea how far he's read.)

Yay! Good news. Or at least, not bad news. Now to wait some more.

Summer seems to be the slowest time for publishing. My publishers Marketplace email was tiny today. September things will probably pick up a bit more.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
I just signed my contract with Entangled for my YA novel. It will be released under the DigiTEEN imprint. :D I chose Entangled over Bloomsbury Spark, and I think I made the right decision.

Forgot to mention: Release date is February 2014. WOOHOO!
Congrats Fiction Chick.

KAusten

Registered
Reaction score
Question: Was anyone asked about social networking and previous works, if applicable? If so, at what stage? Also, did anyone deal with, or have their mss sent to the editorial director? Which step is that? Before or after the acquisitions board?
Just wondering. Thanks. And congrats Fiction Chick!!!!!!!

Stacy

Registered
Reaction score
Question: Was anyone asked about social networking and previous works, if applicable? If so, at what stage? Also, did anyone deal with, or have their mss sent to the editorial director? Which step is that? Before or after the acquisitions board?
Just wondering. Thanks. And congrats Fiction Chick!!!!!!!

Yes I was asked that via email before it was sent to acquisition. Those information aid with completing the proposal that will be sent to the board. I think!

I am now waiting for the yay or nay from the board. Quiet nerve wracking.

KAusten

Registered
Reaction score
You're still waiting? Hasn't it been over 3 weeks? How long did others wait at this stage?

Stacy

Registered
Reaction score
You're still waiting? Hasn't it been over 3 weeks? How long did others wait at this stage?

Hi, yes I am:). Trying not to be anxious. I am not sure how long others waited?

AngelaA

Are we there yet?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.angelaaddams.com
I nudged at the 33 day mark and heard nothing back. I'll try nudging again in a few weeks. It seems as though this is a busy time for everyone.

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
I initially submitted on July 12th. Got a request for more time from the editor I submitted to on August 9th and got an email today saying he wants to schedule a time to discuss possible revisions this weekend.

This will be my first publishing related phone call! ah!

also,:snoopy:

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
Thanks :) I talked to him today. He wants an exclusive to work on some structural revisions with me. I'm contacting agents now, before I agree to anything.

KAusten

Registered
Reaction score
Yay, Tromboli! That is exciting, an actual publishing call. I hope it works out.
I queried almost a year ago and received a full request just before Submittable went live. In early summer, I did a revision, and the editor said she was getting it ready for the editorial director 3 weeks ago. I never received a phone call, although many here have. Is that an editor preference thing?
I'm still waiting to hear. Dying to hear, really. Almost at 3 weeks, in which I assume the editorial director is the acquisitions board. Or am I wrong?
Also, Tromboli, what's your genre and which line did you submit to?

Last edited:

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
Its a YA contemporary. Its under either the teen line or the digi teen, I asked if it would be in print or ebook when I spoke to him and he said its not up to him but he'll suggest it for print. The first contact came from a twitter pitch so I submitted on the form but specifically to the editor who requested.

As for the call, in my case I think it was because he wanted some fairly big revisions, he wanted to get a feel for me and my vision for the story.

Good luck. Hope you hear soon. I know I'll be waiting a while :)

Last edited:

Diana Green

Worlds of Imagination & Romance
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dianagreenbooks.com
I read this thread with great interest, as I'm considering submitting a sci-fi novella to Entangled. All the posts so far are from a couple of years ago. I'm wondering if anyone has fresh experience or information on this publisher.

Diana Green

Worlds of Imagination & Romance
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dianagreenbooks.com
OOOOPS. I made my comment, after only seeing the first page. Yikes... How to feel like an idiot! I'll read the more current posts, and see if that doesn't answer my questions.

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
They're a GREAT publisher in my opinion. They give higher royalties than many publishers, a good staff and put a lot of effort into marketing and they have a bunch of titles that have hit the NY times best seller list. I'm super excited to under consideration.

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
Entangled's entered a contest to win a commercial spot at the Superbowl. I'm not sure if it's kosher to post a link here, so I'm not going to. But how cool is that? A book publisher advertising during the superbowl!!!! Anyway ::fingers crossed::

Haunted_October

Ready to kick the WIP's butt!
Registered
Reaction score
Entangled's entered a contest to win a commercial spot at the Superbowl. I'm not sure if it's kosher to post a link here, so I'm not going to. But how cool is that? A book publisher advertising during the superbowl!!!! Anyway ::fingers crossed::

I've voted every day for them :D

My experience with them has been great so far! While I don't have an official release date, my novella is due to be published next month. I love my editor and communication has been excellent. They sent me the promotional forms last week and I feel like I have a great team behind me. I'd definitely submit more work to them :)

juliatheswede

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score

This is super cool, especially since they'll be publishing my book:) (for anyone who's interested, it took Entangled longer than my editor originally stated--about three or four weeks--to get my book to the final meeting. But now they have and my editor told me to look for the contract in the mail. So anyone's who's waiting for answers, it really does seem like they're backed up with work.) Have of course voted and am spreading the word. Question: why would it not be kosher to post this link here for ppl to vote? It seems to me that would be perfectly acceptable since this thread is about them.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
They're a GREAT publisher in my opinion. They give higher royalties than many publishers, a good staff and put a lot of effort into marketing and they have a bunch of titles that have hit the NY times best seller list. I'm super excited to under consideration.
You are going to try and get an agent based on an offer from Entangled?
Congrats on the offer. I find it interesting they are actually going to phone you.