Registered
Reaction score
I first got to the Mets.

I'm going to have to rethink my life.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I couldn't find them either. There must be some anti Canadia bias going on with that thing.

Chicago Expat

Distracted
Registered
Reaction score
Apparently I'm a Detroit fan.

Y'know, what? Good! Because lemme tell ya, being a Cubs fan all these years sure ain't been a field trip of rainbows and unicorns. Guh. I hate the Cubs.

Why are we even talking baseball? Isn't there enough pain in our lives already with query letters and brilliant story ideas that suddenly evaporate into banality and cats who flop down on top of keyboards even though your hands are hitting the keys in the middle of a writer's fugue like never experienced before?

Fucking Cubs.

I thought moving away from Chicago would help me separate from them, but no, didn't happen. Assholes.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
Apparently I'm a Detroit fan.

Y'know, what? Good! Because lemme tell ya, being a Cubs fan all these years sure ain't been a field trip of rainbows and unicorns. Guh. I hate the Cubs.

Why are we even talking baseball? Isn't there enough pain in our lives already with query letters and brilliant story ideas that suddenly evaporate into banality and cats who flop down on top of keyboards even though your hands are hitting the keys in the middle of a writer's fugue like never experienced before?

Fucking Cubs.

I thought moving away from Chicago would help me separate from them, but no, didn't happen. Assholes.

drink decaf.

Chicago Expat

Distracted
Registered
Reaction score
drink decaf.

:D

If all it took was decaf to calm a Cubs fan's soul, the coffee industry would be the largest global employer.

No, not even stronger toxins like whiskey and beer can put a dent in the hopelessness, heartbreak, and despair that typify a summer of Cubs baseball. Trust me, I've tried.

Opening day, and it's already over.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score

If all it took was decaf to calm a Cubs fan's soul, the coffee industry would be the largest global employer.

No, not even stronger toxins like whiskey and beer can put a dent in the hopelessness, heartbreak, and despair that typify a summer of Cubs baseball. Trust me, I've tried.

Opening day, and it's already over.
Oh, like Cubs fans have it so tough. Why, I'll bet none of you were ever married to my ex.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They got it wrong--they said Dodgers fans don't get to the stadium before the 3rd inning. That's not true. Dodgers fans arrive on time, they just all leave in the 6th inning :D

PinkAmy

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, Marlins. I knew I was doomed for a loser when I said I was afraid of large crowds. If I fudge and say I'm not afraid of large crowds (it isn't a fear, but an annoyance :)) then I get Angels.
I can't come up with a scenario that I'm anywhere close to landing on my beloved Phillies.

Chicago Expat

Distracted
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, Marlins. I knew I was doomed for a loser when I said I was afraid of large crowds. If I fudge and say I'm not afraid of large crowds (it isn't a fear, but an annoyance :)) then I get Angels.
I can't come up with a scenario that I'm anywhere close to landing on my beloved Phillies.

:ROFL: Yeah, when I backtracked from the Cubs as my starting point and saw the categories of traits I'd have to take ownership of to get to the Cubs as "my team", I decided it just wasn't worth it. Being a Cubs fan is painful enough; no need to pile on, yeah?

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score

did you see halladay last night?
nice game.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
cancel my last post.

did you see lee pitch last night!!
wow.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
My Tigers are on a roll.

Your ugly third baseman is a has been, cray.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
My Tigers are on a roll.

Your ugly third baseman is a has been, cray.

had an rbi last night and he's got the highest batting average on the team at .360.

thank you for sending him our way!

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey! How 'bout that!

Go Sawx!