bannedbooks

Read a Banned Book

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516

Thread: The 2011 Horror Hounds Celebration and Contest Guidelines

practical experience, FTW Evice's Avatar
    Congrats all winners

Seems as if my congrats to the winners has been erased...

So, congrats Shadowflame, Kuro, and Blunt.

Well deserved wins for each one of you.
    <--My blog

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
    WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
    Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Thanks, special friend for my avi! AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady Susie's Avatar
    Congrats 'n way2go! Calls for s

Thanks, y'all.

Thank you!
    Professional Publication Minion for hire (email me)

FB and ETSY for Shadowflame Designs Beadwork

BLOG

Confessions of a Publishing Minion with beta readers - still needs at least another 15K words

Dragon Masque 44,000/70,000

Thanks everyone!

Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you screaming....
    I apologize guys. I had no idea my post was et...

Kuro won with "The Dark Eyed Ones"

Shadowflame took second with "Where There is Water"

And Bluntforcetrauma took third with "Pinnacle".

It has been a busy week. My in-laws came in for a week of "family togetherness" and I've been interviewing for day jobs. I apologize for my absence. Among other things as well as dealing with issues that have arisen throughout and post contest. But it was absolutely wonderful to be able to do this again, and I hope next year will be bigger and better. We'll see what horrors arise between now and then.
    Ze name iz... Effie

The 2011 Horror Hounds Celebration and Contest is here!

Quote Originally Posted by sunandshadow View Post
    The problem's not the genre, the problem is that people are idiots.
    I finally got 700 monkeys! Now... all I need is 700 typewriters and a way to live for 700 years.

Blog!

Quote Originally Posted by EFCollins View Post
    WHO ATE MY SEVERED HANDS????
    Quote Originally Posted by Leukman View Post
    They're in the stew.

Congrats to all the winners!

So far, out of the prizes awarded for 2nd runner up, I received the free download. Just sayin'...

The critique still hasn't appeared in any of the emails I've received. I understand its a glitch between my system and the judge's. Maybe just intersperse the crit in the body of the text. The sidebar thing ain't working on either of my systems.

Ok...carry on.

Evil, undead Chihuahua SuperModerator Haggis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bluntforcetrauma View Post
    So far, out of the prizes awarded for 2nd runner up, I received the free download. Just sayin'...

The critique still hasn't appeared in any of the emails I've received. I understand its a glitch between my system and the judge's. Maybe just intersperse the crit in the body of the text. The sidebar thing ain't working on either of my systems.

Ok...carry on.
    Not that I'm complaining here, Blunt, but if you had issues with the contest it might have been better handled with a pm to me, Callalily or Effie. Just sayin'. The way you put it out there publicly like you did sounds kind of accusatory, you know? Nobody's trying to cheat anybody here.

One of the joys of running a contest is making sure everyone offering prizes does his/her part. It's not that easy. When I've run contests before, I've sometimes had to pay for prizes others offered but didn't follow through on. It happens. I'll do it here too if necessary. That's why I get the big bucks.

Effie put a ton of work into this one. Maybe you might want to give her the opportunity to see what's up before you get too critical.

Ok. Carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlz View Post
    For those of you that don't know what "haggis" is, I can only say that it's much better not knowing anyway
    Stewie the Chihuey
    featuring the lovely and talented

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments

Congrats to the winners and thanks for hosting, Ef! Wish I'd finished in time, maybe the next go-round.

Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Not that I'm complaining here, Blunt, but if you had issues with the contest it might have been better handled with a pm to me, Callalily or Effie. Just sayin'. The way you put it out there publicly like you did sounds kind of accusatory, you know? Nobody's trying to cheat anybody here.

One of the joys of running a contest is making sure everyone offering prizes does his/her part. It's not that easy. When I've run contests before, I've sometimes had to pay for prizes others offered but didn't follow through on. It happens. I'll do it here too if necessary. That's why I get the big bucks.

Effie put a ton of work into this one. Maybe you might want to give her the opportunity to see what's up before you get too critical.

Ok. Carry on.
    No criticism intended. Just tying up the last few loose ends of my life. Carry on.

Evil, undead Chihuahua SuperModerator Haggis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bluntforcetrauma View Post
    No criticism intended. Just tying up the last few loose ends of my life. Carry on.
    Well, good, then. My apologies for misreading.

Stick around and give Effie a chance to address the questions you raised. As for the crits, I expect the folks who did them could print out the pages with comments and mail them to you. Alternatively, they could email them to me and I could print them out and mail them to you. Whichever works better. I take it you do not have MS Word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlz View Post
    For those of you that don't know what "haggis" is, I can only say that it's much better not knowing anyway
    Stewie the Chihuey
    featuring the lovely and talented

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments

Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Well, good, then. My apologies for misreading.

Stick around and give Effie a chance to address the questions you raised. As for the crits, I expect the folks who did them could print out the pages with comments and mail them to you. Alternatively, they could email them to me and I could print them out and mail them to you. Whichever works better. I take it you do not have MS Word.
    I have word. Dunno what its malfunction is, I'm not tech savvy. Tired now, going to lay down. Take care, my friend.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516