The 2011 Horror Hounds Celebration and Contest Guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

bois

Thick skin and head
Registered
Reaction score
Give it a shot, bois. There's a slew of great prizes and you just might get a sale out of it too. :)

Well Haggis, that was all the encouragement I needed. I started writing the novella last night and was able to squeeze yesterday's flash piece out of it for my flash fiction blog.

Have a great day...

Del

Sky isn't falling, ground is rising
Registered
Reaction score
In a hole in the dark in a cold cold place
Passed 15000 words today. :) I might just make the deadline.

ETA: Oh wow, what a thread to lay down my 2,666 post. I think I'll stay quiet a while and revel in it :)

Last edited:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
evil post number for an evil story...

I only have 10k done on it, hoping to get in 3k tonight. ugh!

Del

Registered
Reaction score
No one has mentioned contest submissions formating. Can we assume the usual font and spacing minus the cover letter? Indent or linefeed for paragraphs? Continuous parchment rolled around recently deceased relative or in-law? Hmmmm...that could be considered a bribe.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
No one has mentioned contest submissions formating. Can we assume the usual font and spacing minus the cover letter? Indent or linefeed for paragraphs? Continuous parchment rolled around recently deceased relative or in-law? Hmmmm...that could be considered a bribe.
Formats accepted: .doc, .rtf, .txt

NO DOCX or PDF

I can't speak for Effie, but I think anything legible will work. We're not printing it so it doesn't have to be double spaced Courier. I think I'd avoid Comic Sans and Old English too. Maybe the best bet would be to follow the submission guidelines here:

A Publishing Contract with Black Label Books (authors must agree to allow edits)

because if you win, you'll be offered a publishing contract with them.

On the other hand, if Effie says anything different, forget what I just said. :D

Del

Registered
Reaction score
forget what I just said. :D

Duh! Why should this be any different. :wag:

I've been writing everything in web publishing format lately and this was no exception. When I got to a scene change I skipped a line and it was hardly noticeable so I skipped three. It just got me thinking...and we both know how dangerous that can be. :D

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
I'm not going to be reading or judging any entries, so I think perhaps the judges should possibly speak up if they want anything besides standard manuscript format. If I were doing the reading, I'd say standard for certain, but I'm not reading them.

I'd say standard formatting (Any legible font would be okay though) unless our judges say otherwise. :)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, can we use sans serif font?

:wag:

btw, mine's done.

You go, birdie!

If you think your little egg is ready to fly, send it here:

evil.chihuey@gmail(dot)com, the (dot), obviously being replaced with, you know, a real dot. Period. Full stop.

I won't be sending it along to the judges until the end of the contest submission period, but, you know, just in case you wind up in jail or something it might be a good idea to get it here. :D

eta: Anybody else getting close?

eata: Oh. And if you really did use a sans serif font, the border guards will by stopping by to clip your wings. :)

Last edited:

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
Well, as long as it succeeds on *some* level. ;)

ETA: Don't think I'm gonna make it. Mine's still sitting at around 2500 words. Stupid, stupid real life. :-/

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I won't be making this one - still too much to finish and fix of my story and no time to do either by the deadline, let alone polish.

Good luck, guys!

bois

Thick skin and head
Registered
Reaction score
I'm out too.
Good luck to everyone submitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.