The 2011 Horror Hounds Celebration and Contest Guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Seems as if my congrats to the winners has been erased...

So, congrats Shadowflame, Kuro, and Blunt. :partyguy:

Well deserved wins for each one of you. :)

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
I apologize guys. I had no idea my post was et...

Kuro won with "The Dark Eyed Ones"

Shadowflame took second with "Where There is Water"

And Bluntforcetrauma took third with "Pinnacle".

It has been a busy week. My in-laws came in for a week of "family togetherness" and I've been interviewing for day jobs. I apologize for my absence. Among other things as well as dealing with issues that have arisen throughout and post contest. But it was absolutely wonderful to be able to do this again, and I hope next year will be bigger and better. We'll see what horrors arise between now and then.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So far, out of the prizes awarded for 2nd runner up, I received the free download. Just sayin'...

The critique still hasn't appeared in any of the emails I've received. I understand its a glitch between my system and the judge's. Maybe just intersperse the crit in the body of the text. The sidebar thing ain't working on either of my systems.

Ok...carry on.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
So far, out of the prizes awarded for 2nd runner up, I received the free download. Just sayin'...

The critique still hasn't appeared in any of the emails I've received. I understand its a glitch between my system and the judge's. Maybe just intersperse the crit in the body of the text. The sidebar thing ain't working on either of my systems.

Ok...carry on.
Not that I'm complaining here, Blunt, but if you had issues with the contest it might have been better handled with a pm to me, Callalily or Effie. Just sayin'. The way you put it out there publicly like you did sounds kind of accusatory, you know? Nobody's trying to cheat anybody here.

One of the joys of running a contest is making sure everyone offering prizes does his/her part. It's not that easy. When I've run contests before, I've sometimes had to pay for prizes others offered but didn't follow through on. It happens. I'll do it here too if necessary. That's why I get the big bucks.

Effie put a ton of work into this one. Maybe you might want to give her the opportunity to see what's up before you get too critical.

Ok. Carry on.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not that I'm complaining here, Blunt, but if you had issues with the contest it might have been better handled with a pm to me, Callalily or Effie. Just sayin'. The way you put it out there publicly like you did sounds kind of accusatory, you know? Nobody's trying to cheat anybody here.

One of the joys of running a contest is making sure everyone offering prizes does his/her part. It's not that easy. When I've run contests before, I've sometimes had to pay for prizes others offered but didn't follow through on. It happens. I'll do it here too if necessary. That's why I get the big bucks.

Effie put a ton of work into this one. Maybe you might want to give her the opportunity to see what's up before you get too critical.

Ok. Carry on.

No criticism intended. Just tying up the last few loose ends of my life. Carry on.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
No criticism intended. Just tying up the last few loose ends of my life. Carry on.
Well, good, then. My apologies for misreading.

Stick around and give Effie a chance to address the questions you raised. As for the crits, I expect the folks who did them could print out the pages with comments and mail them to you. Alternatively, they could email them to me and I could print them out and mail them to you. Whichever works better. I take it you do not have MS Word.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, good, then. My apologies for misreading.

Stick around and give Effie a chance to address the questions you raised. As for the crits, I expect the folks who did them could print out the pages with comments and mail them to you. Alternatively, they could email them to me and I could print them out and mail them to you. Whichever works better. I take it you do not have MS Word.

I have word. Dunno what its malfunction is, I'm not tech savvy. Tired now, going to lay down. Take care, my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.