Do You Think You Could Respond To This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Deb, we had talked about sharing work. If truly interested, here's an overview of book one, so you can get a taste of what I write:

Thirty-six hundred years is a long time to be condemned to immortality; even longer to remember the faces of his massacred clan—and The Keeper who could have stopped it with her formidable magicks.
So when modern day Emily Garrison nearly loses her life, and is brought to his keep in ancient Alba, Broc MacLarrin’s fury ignites—for Emily is none other than the return of that long ago sorceress. Slay her, thus avenge his people? Or fear Pendaran’s wrath and protect her from Shadow’s assassins residing in the evil kingdom leagues below the stone floors of his keep?
For three millennia, Prince Dezenial has scoffed his father, Hades, and the offer to take his rightful place as The Dark Prince, overlord of the Demon Elite Regime—gargoyles. Why protect mortals when their annihilation brings him such pleasure? But when Dezenial’s mother, the vile goddess Shadow, discovers the location of the only mortal he’s ever vowed to protect—Emily—Dezenial realizes he’s now a Shadow Master cursed; Emily’s not only the long awaited Keeper, she’s his soulmate.

Presently working on Book II...which picks up where this left off...

Let me know if you're still interested, I think it would be a blast!
Or are you now in need of a good drink?

Rainy Night

INFJ
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rainynightproductions.com
I'm going to go a little off topic here... my cat's been missing for well over four weeks as well as a neighbors cat... a little while ago the people across the cul-de-sac complained about the neighbor hood cats killing birds... I've a suspicious mind and I'm wondering if it's possible, do you think my neighbors could have done something to my cat?

*He was the best cat ever... really*

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
You've heard the exrpession: go with your first instinct?

When I read your post, that was the first thing that I thought of too. Hmmm. Don't you do producing stuff? Think it's time to set up a Big Brother Web Cam. I don't play that kill the kitty stuff...well, shit, Scot,....what are you going to do?

Rainy Night

INFJ
Registered
Reaction score
Website
What can I do? These people run a nursing home out of their house and it's fenced like Gitmo... webcam in their backyard? That's be a lot of cable. My mother in law is friends with the lady that runs it... should I send her in as an undercover assignment? Can I trust my mother in law?

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
What can I do? These people run a nursing home out of their house and it's fenced like Gitmo... webcam in their backyard? That's be a lot of cable. My mother in law is friends with the lady that runs it... should I send her in as an undercover assignment? Can I trust my mother in law?
Ew. Tough call. And if the ph & gh are wrong on 'tough', beg for mercy, I'm forever dislexic with the two.
I'd be pissed--all joking aside. I'd be disgusted. I'm a woman, therefore, well practiced in the arts of Bitchhood. I would watch/photo the comings & goings and start listening to any tidbit of info. If it looks like they're cat-killers...or pick up cats & take 'em to the pound...oh shit...that reminds me of a crap-ass neighbor we had eons ago. Hmm. She used to take the neighborhood pets to a pound in the next city. Where would one look for their pet? The 'local' pound, not somewhere nearly 45 minutes away. Her feeling was, you wouldn't know, therefore, your pet would...well..you know.
The cure for her? Well...it doesn't pay to piss off people who have hood connections. They broke into her house while she had her daughter taking her 'round for errands...filled her house with animal feces.
Hey, made everyone feel great to hear her screaming.
Think the police really wanted to fingerprint the place?

Rainy Night

INFJ
Registered
Reaction score
Website
He was part of the family, we watched him being born. He was one of those great cats that would check all the rooms to make sure everyone was tucked in before he'd settle down, usually he'd try and make space between my wife and I and he'd sleep there all night. He liked to sleep on his back... isn't that funny?

The other possibility in his disappearance is a large owl that camps out in a tree outside at night. Do owls take cats? Could an owl fly away with one?

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
That's what Mammoth is to us. We watched him being born. His mother pawed her way into our life a week before she went into labor. They always find me. I'm a sap/pushover. We've now had him--or he's owned us, I should say--for 16 years. I know every nuance of his moods. He knows mine. He charged my son, on several occassions, when in his teenage years, he made the mistake of yelling at me. Mammoth wrapped around his calf and sank his canines.
It was a beautiful moment.
From there forward, if my son & I started arguing, here came Mammoth....and there went my son, running like mad to his room..the cat chasing him. Having a devil of a time typing this, because I still laugh.
Don't mess with momma.
That darn cat also is the one who comes & sits with me when I cry.
Yeah, it's going to be like losing a child, buddy, shadow, when he passes.
I feel you and your wife's sorrow. It's horrible, the not knowing.

Yes, owls can lift rabbits and have even been known to cart off newborn deer (can't remember if there's a certain name). If you live with owls, and you decide to get another cat (go to the pound or humane society if possible & rescue one of those), I would opt to have it be strictly indoor. Now, males are much harder to keep in. They've a natural 'Tom' need to roam. Females are easier, but only when fixed. Otherwise, when they go into heat...whew...worse than a horny teenager.
You remember those years, dontchya?

Last edited:

Woof

Outward Hound
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Rainy: Do you know a psychic? A good one might be able to tell you the whereabouts of your cat, and whether he is still living. I empathize with you. If my dog went missing, and I suspected foul play, I think I'd go out of my mind. Oh... forgot to end this with a question mark?

Last edited:

Rainy Night

INFJ
Registered
Reaction score
Website
When we liked in Seattle he was an indoor cat, but since we moved to Phoenix last year he started wanting to go outside more and more. We probably won't get another cat. We still have his mother and sister (the sister cat almost died when she was born, my wife gave her mouth to mouth and she lived, but she's a little "challenged" from the oxygen deprivation we think) so that's enough cats for now, besides Whitey just couldn't be replaced. Psychics in Phoenix, hummm, I'm sure we have a bunch... that TV show Medium is set in Phoenix and based on the real life psychic Allison Dubois... Should I call her?

Woof

Outward Hound
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
If you're able to contact that psychic, what have you got to lose? I hope I'm not sounding pushy, but I believe in psychics big time. As long as they're authentic, right?

Woof

Outward Hound
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
After dialup connection and high speed connection do you think that psychic connection will revolutionize the internet? And regarding your cactus encounter? Did it attack you? And--most crucial of all--was it a MUTANT cactus?

Woof

Outward Hound
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
...and what have you got to say, or are you too busy stuffing your face with popcorn?

Woof

Outward Hound
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
...oh, did you miss the part when we talked about the 12 muscle dudes who abduct you to a remote cabin and have their way with you repeatedly over a long weekend?

Woof

Outward Hound
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
To fulfill that wildcat and cool her buns, I think we'll knead at least a baker's dozen, yeah?

Woof

Outward Hound
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Rapscillian mutt? Won't the Pillsbury doughboy be jealous?

Status
Not open for further replies.