Getting Shot vs Getting Stabbed in the Stomach

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The scene itself takes place in a dark alley... one character is keen on revenge and is led to believe that the woman in front of him is the same one that killed his parents years back... She's just lying there, pinned down, so she provides no resistence to his shooting/stabbing... the idea is he gets taken away (after discovering it wasn't really the murderer, but his wife) and believes she's dead... but she survives, which he doesn't find out until much later.

Sammychel,

It is possible to survive either a close range shooting or a stabbing to the abdomen depending on a couple of things like where the bullet/knife hit, if it remained lodged in the wound and how fast the person receives medical assistance. (It's more likely that a bullet would stay lodged in a wound They always pull the knife out. I don't know why. It's a no-no.) If the spleen is nicked, a person can start to look really pale (greyish...close to death) fast because of the blood loss, but they can be saved if they get to a hospital quickly enough. (And I mean within a few minutes.) If you want your woman to look dead, I'd go for that because they get the "dead look" (grey with pupils fixed and dilated) with massive blood loss. I've see sucking chest wounds walk in the door and say, "Wassup? I gots stabbed." I've never seen a person with a spleen laceration do this. They come in looking halfway to death's door.

Things like pertonitis and sepsis won't kill someone until days after. If brought to the hospital, the patient would immediately get fluid to support blood pressure while they tried to get a type/cross-match on blood, anti-biotics, a tetanus shot, blood transfusions if blood makes it to the ER in time, then whisked off to surgery.

Hope that helps.
km

Last edited: