اللغة آلعربية

Paper Princess

I'm a newbie, bee nice to me :P
Registered
Reaction score
I too find it weird to write a fantasy Arabic story. Honestly, I tried to write few stories in Arabic before but failed to continue. Even though I felt that the idea was good but I discontinued it eventually.

Yes, exactly, I couldn't find one single Arabic fantasy novel, except for translations of novels in other languages. I know Arabs are capable of writing them, but I guess they don't have the market for it.

Paper Princess

I'm a newbie, bee nice to me :P
Registered
Reaction score

am not sure am following :Huh:

however, i really feel awkward when i talk in standerd Arabic :D

at the end, i just wanna say that there are many translated novels i.e: from Arabic to English which bacame very pupular in our world (Arabs) and when you read it you cannot figure out weather if it's translated or oringially written in arabic like for example, twilight collection, i didn't read it in Arabic, but according to my sister, who read the collection in both languges, she said she like the Arabic one better than the english virsion.:Trophy:
Same goes for the Hunger Games Trilogy.

MartinV

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

There's something I've always wondered and after seeing this thread I just have to ask. Arabic is written from right to left, yes? Does that make it more difficult to write for right-handed people than left-handed?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm left-handed. Writing from left to right has been a pain for a long time until I modified my way of writing in such a way that I don't push the pen across the paper as I was forced to and I don't smear the ink with my left hand as it comes across the fresh text. Leonardo da Vinci was left-handed and he used his famous mirrored writing, which naturally required him to write from right to left. Being left-handed served this purpose well.

How is this done in Arabic? Do right-handed people have the same difficulties writing from the right as left-handed people have writing from the left? Since left-handed people are a genetic minority, I thought this could be a major problem in writing in Arabic.

OK, I hope the question is clear. Really looking forward to reading the answer.

Martin

!MeMa!

Registered
Reaction score
you are right Arabic is written from right to left.
As for the diificulties i didn't face any difficult writing in both Arabic and English and am left-handed person too. ^_^

Ehab.Ahmed

Drifting Silently
Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

There's something I've always wondered and after seeing this thread I just have to ask. Arabic is written from right to left, yes? Does that make it more difficult to write for right-handed people than left-handed?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm left-handed. Writing from left to right has been a pain for a long time until I modified my way of writing in such a way that I don't push the pen across the paper as I was forced to and I don't smear the ink with my left hand as it comes across the fresh text. Leonardo da Vinci was left-handed and he used his famous mirrored writing, which naturally required him to write from right to left. Being left-handed served this purpose well.

How is this done in Arabic? Do right-handed people have the same difficulties writing from the right as left-handed people have writing from the left? Since left-handed people are a genetic minority, I thought this could be a major problem in writing in Arabic.

OK, I hope the question is clear. Really looking forward to reading the answer.

Martin
You raise interesting points. I'm afraid I didn't notice any difficulty while writing in both Arabic and English (right to left and left to right respectively). It would seem logical that there would be some trouble writing right to left with a right hand and left to right with a left hand. But ah well, can't help you there.

One thing I could note is that I rotate the paper at 25° - 35° when writing, if that has any significance to you :)

SabaFromMars

Someday, my dreams will come true.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello there :) this thread is quite since a long time as I can see, anyways, I'm arabic, and I write in arabic too, now I'm trying to write in english.