• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Elizabeth Goodman Agency

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I'm trying to find out what happened to this Phoenix, Arizona agent. I did a summer internship with her some years back and lost touch after I went back to school. From what I remember, she had a few sf&f and romance clients (she said she was Severna Park's agent), but no big hits. I'm just curious if anyone else knew about her.

Filigree

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not finding any trace of an agent by that name. Did she go by Liz or Beth at all? Can you be more specific on the year?

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Her name could have been Goldman, but I thought it was Goodman. And it's been so long I don't have the pay stubs anymore. This would have been in the spring/summer of 1988. I remember she was very particular about not being called 'Liz'. In her mid-sixties then, working out of her house in north-central Phoenix. I met her when she was on a writing panel at one of the local science-fiction conventions. Most of her clients were romance, with a few sf&f.

Her slushpile was my first introduction to publishing reality. In the pre-Internet days, she got 20- 30 queries (and whole mms!) in a week. In my few months there, I think I set aside perhaps six for her, and she was working with two of them when I had to go back to school full-time.

Mostly, I was just curious about her. She was a nice woman, with a lot to teach me in our short time together.

Filigree