Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] Atlantic Books / Corvus

USA Today Bestselling Author Jamiekswriter's Avatar

[Publisher] Atlantic Books / Corvus

This morning Amazon sent me an ad for dystopian fantasy:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref...SIN=B004IK8MAI

I was like ZOMG!!! I must possess that cover!!! Or at least see if the artist is willing to do my Kindle cover, should I decide to go that route. So I checked out the publisher and it was Corvus.

I did a search around for "Corvus Press" and came up with this:

http://www.corvuspress.com/about-corvus-press/

But I don't think it's the same people. . . because the raven logo isn't on the book in question.

So then I stalked the author because I really wanted to know who illustrated that cover. He doesn't have a web page, but . . . He looks to have written a lot of books for commercial pubs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Wingrove

At the bottom of the wiki page, there's a reference to Corvus Autumn 2010 catalog, which link from wiki is broken. And a cursory google search on that phrase wasn't very helpful.

This leads me to believe that Corvus is an imprint of a larger publisher? Anyone know for sure? It looks like it's probably a UK pub. Anyone have any experience with them and perhaps can point me to where I could contact the artist?

Thanks

Who's going for a beer? waylander's Avatar
    Corvus is a growing independent UK publisher.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

USA Today Bestselling Author Jamiekswriter's Avatar
    Thanks guys! Day-um but *all* those covers are drool worthy.

So this is a bit off topic, but how do you get Amazon to spam their customers with your book promotion? I'm not complaining. I like to receive the e-mails. I'd like it even better if it was my book. Is that something that the publisher does/pays for?

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: