The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: GMI Publishing

figuring it all out RustyVanReeves's Avatar

GMI Publishing

Anybody know anything about GMI Publishing? I got a bite on my query.
    LIGHTNING TREE

Ooo! Shiny new cover! Absolute Sage Cathy C's Avatar
    The only legit company I can find for the name "GMI Publishing" is as an imprint of Greenleaf Publishing. In that case, GMI stands for "Greener Management International" and publishes books and journals on environmental issues. Greenleaf is based out of the UK and appears to be a well-established niche small publisher. Is this the company you mean, or is someone else holding themselves out with the same name? Since you queried them, what is their address (or at least city/state?)
    Want FREE reads? Click here!

Smiles!
    Cathy Clamp
    USA Today bestselling author
    ILLICIT, coming 7/16!
    My Website
    Follow me: Twitter
    Now on Facebook! Come friend me!

"An entertaining (and occasionally very dark) mystery." -- Locus

"[Shapeshifter] fans are about to hit the jackpot as Clamp returns to re-energize this amazing series. Searching for layered plotlines and complex characters? Look no further, as Clamp truly delivers!" -- RT BookReviews

"Cathy Clamp is a visionary author, creating new worlds that are both strong and vividly drawn. Adventure and excitement at its best." -- Yasmine Galenorn, New York Times Bestselling Author

"A struggling community under attack, compelling action, characters struggling with dark secrets ... FORBIDDEN hit all my favorite notes, and I love the rich world of the Sazi!" - Rachel Caine, New York Times Bestselling Author

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy C
    The only legit company I can find for the name "GMI Publishing" is as an imprint of Greenleaf Publishing. In that case, GMI stands for "Greener Management International" and publishes books and journals on environmental issues. Greenleaf is based out of the UK and appears to be a well-established niche small publisher. Is this the company you mean, or is someone else holding themselves out with the same name? Since you queried them, what is their address (or at least city/state?)
    This is all I could find out...

GMI, an independent publisher headquartered on a 150 acre farm in Shauck, Ohio, is a collegial effort of a couple of old guys with over 70 years combined hard work and experience in big-time media and big-time business, which includes a masters degree in cross cultural communication,a couple of decades as a big-shot talk show host, CEO of three national corporations, founder of Olympic Gold Medalist organization, published writer of books, magazine articles, movie scripts,business plans, legal briefs, fathers of 9 incredible children (including Asian, Indonesian, African American, English)... and other noteworthy accomplishments.
    If you have written the next national best seller, get in touch, please. We will send you an airline ticket...
    but we would like to take a peek at the manuscript first.
    Forward us as an MS Word or PDF file of a really good query to "wparrish@gmipublishing.com".
    LIGHTNING TREE

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    Which leads us, then, to http://gmipublishing.com where we learn a) that their HTML skills are minimal, b) that they have three books out, Fatal Probe, The Ping Pong Conspiracy, and Light Not White: Racism and the Church, all with dismal Amazon numbers, and c) they have two spec movie scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by James D. Macdonald
    Which leads us, then, to http://gmipublishing.com where we learn a) that their HTML skills are minimal, b) that they have three books out, Fatal Probe, The Ping Pong Conspiracy, and Light Not White: Racism and the Church, all with dismal Amazon numbers, and c) they have two spec movie scripts.
    I have to agree, the web site is horrible.
    LIGHTNING TREE

Gone
    What I don't see in their credentials is any experience in publishing. Not good.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    No activity since 2005 = not an active publisher.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: