Greatest Fantasy Actor/Actress Ever...

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think a Poll can do this subject justice, so I'll just leave this open to everyone's opinions. My guess is that the greatest actors are no longer alive, when you consider some legendary names associated with the fantasy/horror Genre.

My favorite individual role belongs to Viggo Mortenson as Aragorn.

However, my favorite overall actor would be Ian Mckellen for doing brilliant work as Gandalf, Magneto and Gabrial in Neverwas. Ian does good guys and bad guys, and insane guys equally well.

List your own favorites and why. And if no one lists Harrison Ford, there will be a protest.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
I am not sure about the best...because I have soooo many.

But IMHO, the worse was a toss up between Tom Cruise in Legends and Traci Lord in Princess of Mars.

maggi90w1

CAVE!
Registered
Reaction score
Mmmh... Viggo... wait, what where you talking about?

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Difficult to say, because greatest actor/actress can have little to do with whether you even like a particular film he/she is in. My favorite fantasy film ever is The NeverEnding Story, but I couldn't say any of those performances are among the greatest. I suppose I'd cite Charlotte Burke from Paperhouse, Fay Wray from King Kong, and Simon Simone from Cat People for actresses, and Bela Lugosi (pick any Lugosi film), Lon Chaney (ditto), and Max Shreck for actors.

muddy_shoes

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think you can just pick one. Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing and Vincent Price were so ubiquitous for so long that I have to nod towards them. I'll mention Alan Rickman for being endlessly entertaining as a sly villain (single-handedly rescuing Costner's Robin Hood movie for me). Sigourney Weaver is probably my pick on the female side. Historically, the female roles have been a bit lacking.

DavidZahir

Malkavian Primogen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
undeadwhispers.yuku.com
I can't answer this question. All I can do is note some actors are more suited to the fantastic than others--those who have a certain size or grandeur to them. But even that is no more than a rule of thumb.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Mmmh... Viggo...

ndk6vp3k.png

Fix'd.

I'd nominate Mark Hamill for all of his roles in voice acting. The guy's devoted.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
My favorite individual role belongs to Viggo Mortenson as Aragorn.

However, my favorite overall actor would be Ian Mckellen for doing brilliant work as Gandalf, Magneto and Gabrial in Neverwas. Ian does good guys and bad guys, and insane guys equally well.

Yes and Yes!