Please someone save me

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, good luck! It might be a great idea to try to start very young if there's zero pressure. I knew a little boy who was started very very late, and he had all kinds of really bad habits by then. It was also more stubborn than I've ever see anyone be, ever :D Man.

Yeah, no kids of my own and kinda pleasd with that ;) :D

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Aw, good luck! It might be a great idea to try to start very young if there's zero pressure. I knew a little boy who was started very very late, and he had all kinds of really bad habits by then. It was also more stubborn than I've ever see anyone be, ever :D Man.

Yeah, I've heard other people say they trained their kids early, before they were old enough to talk back. :)

And fortunately, as much as I'm griping here, I'm actually really good at keeping it cool. I have experience with elderly care, cleaning up after "accidents," and honestly a little baby poo and pee on wood floors is a heck of a lot better. I'm doing just positive reinforcement, so he doesn't get any negative response from me when he goes in the wrong place - I just ignore it and clean it up. The funny thing is, he's gotten really into the cleaning too, so he's started trying to clean up after his accidents and everything else.

Yeah, no kids of my own and kinda pleasd with that ;) :D

Haha, you should be. It's... well, definitely not for everyone. :) It really is amazing, though, how one little smile or hug (HUGS!!!) can make up for EVERYTHING. How can someone so small have so much power???

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
My girl displayed a lot of interest about the same age (14 months) but ultimately she wasn't ready. By 3, she was good to "go".

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Try doing it The Toyota Way with Lean and let me know how it turns out.

Gehanna

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Duchess - he's a little over 13 months. Young, yes, I know, but the kid is INTENSELY physical and definitely has control over his elimination...
He's too young to potty train effectively, Jo.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I'd wait a few more months. The transition will then be easier for you both.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lol my boy was like that.
Dolly mixtures did it,. To explain - he rarewly ate sweets at that age, so a treat was a dolly mixture (small sweet he loved) when he made it to the loo)...

You have no place giving advice here. You had it easy, with your kid pooping sparkly rainbows and all...
;)

Victoria

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I sprinkled Cheerios in the potty and my son would try to hit them. Same concept as the square of toilet paper, but it builds great aim! Hmmm, maybe I should try it with my husband...