The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Chambers Literary & Film Agency (L. Yadav)

Chambers Literary & Film Agency (L. Yadav)

Hi there

A few writers have come into contact with this agency which charges reading fees. I thought I'd post this link to YWO about people's experiences. Can't find a website for the agency, though.

Link

Can't find a website, either, but there's a Writers & Artists listing here:

Address:The Clovers Dinedor Hill Herefordshire HR2 6PD
    Fax: (01432) 870639
    Email: lychamberssolicitors@hotmail
    Description

General fiction, science fiction, fantasy, children’s fiction (home 15%, overseas 20%). Send preliminary letter, synopsis of whole work, first 3 chapters and brief author biography. Return postage/sae essential for reply. Disk and email submissions cannot be considered. Reading fee. Will suggest revision. Works in conjunction with Associated Practice and is a branch of Chambers Solicitors. Founded 2006.
    I note that the online listing admits to fee charging, although the YWO discussion suggests that the print version didn't. And I have to wonder why solicitors would be branching out into representing authors.
    -Barbara
    will crit for rep points
    "Your commas are pretty good." TNH
    okay, I have a blog

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Claims to be a part of Chambers Solicitors (presumably this one http://www.chambers-solicitors.co.uk/index.html, which after three years is still mostly under construction (and is registered to a photography studio)). Weird.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

It's all very odd.

Has a website now: http://chambersla.com/index.htm

Not a word on it about the agent(s), and a quick Google down the client list finds one book, by a vanity press.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Agency site is unpublished and solicitor site now: http://www.chambersmediation.com/index.htm
    ICAO
    ---------