Writers' hobbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

IWannaWrite

Banned
Reaction score
So, what about you? Do you have hobbies outside your job and/or writing? How important do you think they are?
I work out a lot and cook. I do the former so I can eat the results of the latter without guilt.

muravyets

Old revolutionary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Ah, debating crap on the internet. I spent five whole years of my life doing that and loving it. But stupid internet bullshit has driven me from my favorite hunting ground. :( That's the problem with the internet, you know -- all the damned other people. (Funnily enough, it was over a writing dispute rather than any debate. I told my enemy a scene he was doing seemed to be going nowhere and wasn't relevant to our main plot. That's how he became my enemy. Just like in the novels...)

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
I read, and watch tons of movies. In fact, I run a horror movie community on LiveJournal that (theoretically) gets updated weekly with different discussion topics, reviews, and theories about upcoming films. And every October we all get in on the Halloween Movie Challenge--31 movies in 31 days, all horror, all stuff we haven't seen before. I loooove it.

Nightmirror

Not so happily ever after...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebornreality.com
Read, watch TV, work out, and eat when I'm bored. I tend to do one of these in excess for a long period of time, then switch. It's a shame I can't balance them out in one day. Watching a full season of Psych one day then reading an entire book the next day can't be healthy.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
That's the coolest idea I've heard in a long time. :D
Not my idea originally, to be fair--one of the other members suggested it. I haven't quite made it to 31 myself yet either, but I always try.

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm... I Larp, hang out at a local living history farm when they're open, read, watch DVDs and crochet. I 'run' my local monthly writing group (or as I tell it, I'm the glorified door keeper) and attend the monthly knitting group. I've also gotten to the point where I can't watch TV/DVD's without crocheting. So it's a good thing that I only do simple projects at this point.

adarkfox

designs books | writes books
Registered
Reaction score
I have a 16 month old crib midget, 9 horses, and an artistic career I'm trying to get off the ground... hobbies are wholesome goodnesses that make you TIRED at the end of the day!

Tiger

AKA: "Gums of Steel"
Registered
Reaction score
Play the guitar, hike, take pictures, cook... I used do more, dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.