Something's Wonky [link color]

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I was trying to change the appearance of the purple link in my signature, but no matter what color I try and change it to, they all show as dark blue. I tried, red, green, yellow, etc, and they're all the same.

I toggled the view to see the code and it said the color I'd selected, but it still showed as blue.

I took the link coding off and typed the "My Bloggish Blog Thing" part, without the url, and I could change the color fine.

Ink-Pen-Paper

Life Is Full Of Stories
Registered
Reaction score
Website
what-me.com
First guess is that purple is the color that a "visited" link turns to in the HTML CSS coding for the page. I took a look at the page source for this page, it looks like the code for a shade of purple is in it.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
No, purple is the color I picked for my sig-line when I first put it up. If it was just a matter of turning that color when clicked, the other colors would be purple, not dark blue. Two days ago, I tried to alter it with a few other links in the sig-line, and it worked then, but I didn't want to keep so many links because they took more space than I anticipated. I left it alone after the preview, and now I can't change it again.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

Celia

You can't control via the AW GUI the color of a link.

It's controlled by the CSS of the site, first, then, by the settings in your browser.

Links have several possible "attributes" related to color:

1. Link color
2. Link color after being visited
3. Hover color (when you point at a link with your cursor, but don't click; lots of sites don't make this any different from link color)