Status
Not open for further replies.

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
I got a full request from a top notch agent :hooray:

Go, Smiley, go! Good luck

Lost Boys Fans Unite! I love that sax player. He was soooo 80s,lol. David RULED. I was quite upset when all of the Lost Boys died. I'll keep you in mind when I finish,wampuscat!

Kitty! :)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
There's a languages thread here on AW, maybe you could find Latin there and ask.

Cause I'm not gonna be any help, I don't speak latin ;)

RRK

I named the dog Indiana
Registered
Reaction score
Lisa, I have some background in Latin but I'm extremely rusty. If it's a simple question I can probably help.

Congrats on the full request, Smiley!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
What's the world for beautiful or something similar? I want it for a country name.

RRK

I named the dog Indiana
Registered
Reaction score
It's "pulcher," as in the word "pulchritude." Depending on the gender of the noun being described, it can also be "pulchra" or "pulchrum."

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
I'm hurling cyber-rice at Dorothy and Mel! Not only to celebrate their nupitals, but also 'cause I agree that since I've learned a bit more about writing, it's taking me a LOT longer to write a novel.

I churned out seven books in two years! But, um, now? I have to rewrite them all (and I've been SO embarrassed as to what I thought passed muster "back in the day").

Congrats Smiley!

You know, I've been avoiding and dreading it (mainly 'cause I didn't want to do the leg-work), but I may have to do the agent querying thing for a new adult thriller series I've completed the first book of. BUT I HATE QUERYING! (Okay, I'm off my whine-box).

cryaegm

Snakecakes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
enigmainklings.blogspot.com
I finished up chapter 5, and half way done with 6 (1800 words total). I was going to take a break ad go to bed, but then for whatever reason, my mind thought it would be best to wash the pillows and pillow cases. I'm not one bit tired, either, and I can't figure out why. I just don't have the energy to write. D:

casualrungal

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I used to post here circa last summer but then writing became an afterthought as I finished up college. Now I'm trying to churn out a first draft between now and mid-April, when I start my first post-grad job! I've been reading the forums a lot in the past several weeks and thought I'd try to up my contribution again. It's so hard to find people who want to talk about writing in my "real" life.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing about everyone's writing goals and progress. If anyone needs beta readers, just let me know :) Like I said, I am totally free between now and mid-April. Oh, and congrats, Smiley, on that full request. How exciting! I hope good things come of it!

Freyja

Registered
Reaction score

Dorothy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dorothydreyer.wordpress.com
*dodges rice* Good luck with the querying, SiK! I know, querying is not the funnest thing to do, but I'm crossing my fingers it works out for you.

In other news: It's not everyday a New York Times best selling author AND a Grammy award winning singer like your Facebook status about your book. Yep, that happened to me today: http://www.facebook.com/dorothy.dreyer/posts/10151446237263006

^_^ Just a little giddy about that.

JustSarah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
about.me
I'll shoot for 45K then. Or rather Around 360 lines, seems there is not really a great translation from format.D:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
So, I'm thinking of trying out handwriting (again) or phone for the first CampWrimo as a try out for July - I'm hoping to be in Rome the first few days of that one.

Major problem with handwriting: Keeping track of word count. Major problem with writing on my phone: battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.