Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I have two ideas for how the #YASciFiRomance might work if I write it - and they are conflicting. Yay! #sarcastic

nightowling

Maybe it was Utah.
Registered
Reaction score
Today I continue on my quest to have my marriage recognized in Kuwait. We meet with a lawyer today...actually, we each have our own lawyers. I'm not quite sure why, but I've been told to show up at a certain time...and to be prepared to wait. Lucky me.

Good luck!! *hugs*

And hi, Madican!

Specialfae

Coffee understands
Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm a newbie to the cooler and actually joined via an open publisher submission. I write mostly YA fantasy although I'm having issues with the actual genre to claim. It's YA/cross over to be sure, but very confused on how to catagorize it beyond that. :)

Periwinkle

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back, Madican! :)

Wow this thread is jumping. Though I guess that sort of makes sense considering how when I first joined everyone was teenagers and we were in that thread. Six years later and the activity shifts to this one.

Wish I could say I was a teenager 6 years ago. I'm just a few decades older.:tongue

Hello everyone!

Hello and :welcome:, Specialfae!

No school/work for me and the kids tomorrow due to the impending storm. Yippee!! :banana: Though, I probably won't be celebrating on Saturday after I shovel two feet of snow.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I keep getting "signs" that I should work on #YASciFiRomance... Gah.

Robert L.B.

Tao of Wonka
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Special.

Picked out which of my WIPs I'll be working on for this month. I figure a month is a good timeframe to play around with an idea and see if it's viable or not. Updated my signature with a synopsis of the first chapter in case anyone's curious.

Specialfae

Coffee understands
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I'm still learning my way around here but I'm excited to have found the cooler. I'm sure my friends/family will be happy too since I now have somewhere else to pace, scratch my head and mumble about my writing. lol

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So quick update. Yesterday's meeting assigned me an attorney. My husband has a different attorney. Apparently, all we did yesterday was register our attorneys to speak on our behalves and to arrange a court date.

From there, it'll take another couple of months to get a court date and seek approval. The lawyers have said 95% of the mixed marriages are being approved so we don't need to worry and things will be fine. Here's hoping.

Cliff notes: I'm still not married here, but in another 1-3 months they think I will be.

Bing Z

illiterate primate
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Specialfae. Nice meeting ya. Anyway, while prolly inappropriate, I gotta point out to you that black unicorns don't exist. Unicorns only come in white or transparent pink. Sorry for being picky. ^_^

Didn't get much done today. Half hour waiting in line at gas station. An hour overall at the grocery. Glad I didn't need Home Depot. Goddamn Sam Champion rebutted himself and is now saying 12-18 inches of snow. No more gathering Saturday evening. Pretty pissed. >.< I think my MC will end up having some steamy lesbian make out in her school's restroom to cheer me up.

Kewii, hope everything goes well. But just curious... did you marry get together with your temp-unmarried husband at a civil ceremony there or in another country? Will this mess affect your daughter?

Dorothy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dorothydreyer.wordpress.com
Congrats, Smiley! You're on a roll!

Good luck, Kewii! Sorry it has to take so long just to get your marriage recognized. Hang in there!

Welcome back, Madican, and welcome to SpecialFae!

My deadline is approaching fast, so I've mapped out the next month's writing hours. Hope I can stick to the schedule. The sequel's at 40K so I do feel hopeful I'll finish on time.

Oh, and the pitch contest is now live on my blog: http://we-do-write.blogspot.de/2013/02/three-two-one-pitch-contest-official.html

Go enter if you have something ready!

On that note, I'm off to the day job. Catch you all later!

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
Kewii, hope everything goes well. But just curious... did you marry get together with your temp-unmarried husband at a civil ceremony there or in another country? Will this mess affect your daughter?

We got married in Canada over the summer, but there's a whole bunch of hoops we have to jump through to get the marriage made legal here, in Kuwait.

And it might affect my daughter...if I had one. :D I'm still kid free. Actually, with the way the laws are here, it will probably stop us from having a child for the time being. I don't know what the penalty is for being unmarried and pregnant, but I know there is one.

nightowling

Maybe it was Utah.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So quick update. Yesterday's meeting assigned me an attorney. My husband has a different attorney. Apparently, all we did yesterday was register our attorneys to speak on our behalves and to arrange a court date.

From there, it'll take another couple of months to get a court date and seek approval. The lawyers have said 95% of the mixed marriages are being approved so we don't need to worry and things will be fine. Here's hoping.

Cliff notes: I'm still not married here, but in another 1-3 months they think I will be.

Glad the odds are in your favor! Hang in there

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
Kewii! 95% odds in your favor are pretty dang good! I'd bet on you! Still it sucks your relationship is even being considered by the "government." It'll work out. Keep your head high.

Welcome Special and hello to Madican.

Dorothy! I'm beginning to detect a little anxiety on your end for meeting your deadline. You'll do it! Good luck!

Things are happening so dad-gummed fast in this thread I can't keep up (old man hands!)! What with all the acceptances, partials, R&R requests, snow storms, idle TV chat, and everything else, it's harder than trying to decipher all the characters on Downton Abbey!

So. Congrats to everyone on everything. And "you'll get 'em next time, Tiger!" to everyone who THAT's appropriate to. Also, happy birthday, happy Bar Mitzvah, too bad about Uncle Ernie, I bet you flatter the heck outta' that turtleneck, and anything else I've forgotten to say.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Tell us about #YASFRomance, lisa

:welcome: SpecialFae

Basically a virus goes around that makes people fall in love on sight (not sure if this includes photos or not). That's all I have.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya Smiley.

Also, I had to do a survey today. The only good thing about it was that I got a free pen that has a heart on top that lights up if you tap it. A friend tapped her first one so hard that the heart bit completely broke. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.