Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Your bio has no mentions of lasers. -2/10 stars.

Okay, does this help:

When Melanie Kramer isn't screaming at her kids or feeling guilty for...screaming at her kids, she loves to spend her time walking along the beach or hiking on trails while she contemplates her life and whether or not she should have screamed at her kids. She loves Pizza with pinneapple and jalepeño, practices her Jedi fighting moves using one of her kids' light sabers (alternating between colors of the light and dark side), can use the space between her big and second toe to pick up all sorts of things and loves to eat fiber bars even though the results can sometimes be catastrophic for those around her.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
When she's not writing, Lisa Kajue can usually be found reading, watching cheesy TV or drooling over her fandoms like a crazy nut.

Good? LOL.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
When she's not writing, Lisa Kajue can usually be found reading, watching cheesy TV or drooling over her fandoms like a crazy nut.

Good? LOL.

Dig deeper Lisa, dig deeper. You can do it!

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Now, I have a tricky thing I need to write.

How do you engagingly depict 5 teenage golems- with incredible speed, strength, magical powers and weapons - battling enemies who are thousand year old killing machines...in a landscape that changes moment by moment based off your imagination?

It's a confusing three dimensional melee of light-sabers, mana-beams, vortex arrows, with cover appearing out of thin air, gossamer tentacles, mindfuck illusion blasts, enemies who shapeshift at the drop of a hat and can skeletonize a megapig in a few seconds.

Should be fun.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
My bio: Margo is a tepid redhead who will defend to the death her intellectual right to reality TV, 90s music, and Jean Plaidy novels. She has an indecent love for ancient Greek lit and the Animorphs series. De-lurking is a challenge for her, but she hits the refresh button on forum pages a little too often anyway.

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
Good bios, ladies!

And LisaLu! I'm with Mel! The fact you're a Brit automatically makes you 25% more interesting. Dig, girl, dig.

Mel! No worries! We didn't have a pact or anything (except for the SATANIC one signed in BLOOD! Kidding. Or am I? Yeah. Then, again...).

Smiley! One look at your blog tells me you look up to your handle! Keep smiling!

Zoombie! No lasers in Kansas. But your new idea sounds pretty danged kick-ass. Wouldn't know where to start with it, though. But, soldier on like a good zombie.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Well, that's because Animorphs was amazing.

Obviously!

I've had people argue before that it's poorly written cos it's written simply for grade schoolers and I'm just like NOOOOOOO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAAAAAAND. You really have to read the whole series to understand just how subtle and realistic and unbelievably well done the story arc, evolving relative morality, and representation of PTSD are.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Using Spotify for the main writing playlist for NaNo. I think it's going to take some time to get used to.

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
Oh! And Mel's got me thinking about blogs. She gave me a killer contact--very talented artist--for my header.

Problem is, the artist's booked up 'till February. And my book's gonna' drop in January (plus, I may actually get an adult thriller out before then). I need to get something going now. (You'd think after 28 years in the grapic arts field, I should be able to do it myself, right? Don't have faith in my own abilities there. I was an old-fashioned artist, not accustomed to all these new-fangled things you kids call "photoshop" and such. I used to create art on Etch-A-Sketch and other antiquated obscurities).

Any clues where to go?

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
My new idea also has lightsabers!

LAWSUIT!

HOOOOOOOOOOO!

They were strung into the likeness of sword, then wrapped in and forged in the fires of pure hate. It took a single, dedicated man or woman to forge a beamsword. Someone who could go into the Sunder, into the deep Sunder, with nothing but the gossamer strand and the crystal hilt. Someone who could then focus their rage and their hate. The Sunder around them would burn and crystalize, forming a cocoon as the made the Forge of War.
[FONT=&quot]
The gossamer would then transmute into solid light, which poured itself into the hilt…and waited to emerge. Beamswords didn’t just cut: They burned. They were eager to fight, to spill blood: Dreamlike fairy blood, the ichor of the nameless, red human blood or the glowing mana blood of a Champion, it didn’t matter.[/FONT]

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
My bio:

Sage works as a mad scientist, testing water to keep it safe from supervillains and industries. In her free time, she likes destroying tongue twisters and writing about winged girls and invisible or imaginary boys, but she only did the former in LOVE SUCKS. She does not eat love but loves eating coffee ice cream. You can read her short story “Fireflies” in ABSOLUTE VISIONS, a sci-fi/fantasy anthology. If you’re lucky, you might catch her blogging at http://sagelikethespice.wordpress.com/ or tweeting as @Sagecollins.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Did I read we were YAWNing? I'm watching movies, but I'm also supposed to be revising.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Spotify = Music/playlists I may need at uni on their computers/track search/artist search if last.fm is being evil

iTunes = MY BABY. Mostly everything but sharing and discovering.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
A lot of us are #WriteClubing

Hey, PD, do you know that your signature stretches the screen?

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I made the covers smaller.

Hopefully this does not stretch the screen.

If it does, then let me know and I'll give up, and just leave the book-chat banner in the sig ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.