Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Yep, had the freshly made warm donuts yesterday Nomnomnomnom. SOOOOOO good. They also do fresh roasted corn and homemade potato fries. OMG. So not diet friendly!

and thanks for the word love :D Some days I make plans to sit down and write and have a fail of day. Other days, I'm like Oooh, the kids are watching an hour long show, screw cleaning let me try and write something and voila. :/

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone ever come across Cupid in pop culture with other powers besides the arrows? I need inspiration for other powers my Cupid - and Nicky - could have.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Lisa, this is YOUR story. You can do what ever you want. That's the great thing about fiction. As long as you explain it (or your reader understands it), you can make it whatever you want. Be creative and have fun with it.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I think I need to do a lot of mental brainstorming and maybe some random research on love, lust and hate.

cscarlet

AW = Procrastination.
Registered
Reaction score
Just popping in to say hi!

I know, I was gone much too long. Most of you probably won't even remember me. ;) But my sweet baby girl was born, she is doing wonderfully, and I am getting ready to go back to work soon (*sniffle*).

On the positive side, returning to work also means returning to writing... So hopefully I won't be as much of a stranger anymore. :)

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
I think I need to do a lot of mental brainstorming and maybe some random research on love, lust and hate.

Ohhhhh the stories I could tell! But I won't, because...yeah. LOL.

Just popping in to say hi!

I know, I was gone much too long. Most of you probably won't even remember me. ;) But my sweet baby girl was born, she is doing wonderfully, and I am getting ready to go back to work soon (*sniffle*).

On the positive side, returning to work also means returning to writing... So hopefully I won't be as much of a stranger anymore. :)

I don't think we've met, but congratulations!

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
Well, I'm not generally one to hate on others, but if you let me know what sorts of questions you have about the other two, feel free to PM. If you're up for AW IRC chat, that's an even better place for it.

cscarlet

AW = Procrastination.
Registered
Reaction score
She is my first!!!! :snoopy:

And she's awesome. I'm totally spoiled now. I swear, if I have any more kids they will be swinging from the chandeliers just to compensate for how good this little munchkin is...

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Yay! Congrats on your baby! So exciting. I have twin girls who are now 6 and it is truly an amazing (and often trying) experience. I wouldn't change my life with them for ANYTHING in the world. Welcome to parenthood!!

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
She is my first!!!! :snoopy:

And she's awesome. I'm totally spoiled now. I swear, if I have any more kids they will be swinging from the chandeliers just to compensate for how good this little munchkin is...

Awww! And I feel the same way about my 3 y/o daughter. Everyone keeps asking when we are planning another, but...I'm askeered!

cscarlet

AW = Procrastination.
Registered
Reaction score
Awww! And I feel the same way about my 3 y/o daughter. Everyone keeps asking when we are planning another, but...I'm askeered!

So happy to hear I'm not the only one! EEK! And if you knew how much of a trouble maker my husband was as a kid, you'd be even more afraid. ;) Haha.

JB, my best friend just had twin girls a month after me. I now think anyone with twins needs to wear a badge of honor so everyone else can bow down and kiss their well-worn feet. ;)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
My mum keeps going on about wanting to be a grandma by the time I'm 25. Lol.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
So happy to hear I'm not the only one! EEK! And if you knew how much of a trouble maker my husband was as a kid, you'd be even more afraid. ;) Haha.

JB, my best friend just had twin girls a month after me. I now think anyone with twins needs to wear a badge of honor so everyone else can bow down and kiss their well-worn feet. ;)

haha! that's what I say when i meet a mom of triplets LOLOL

xKatya

Registered
Reaction score
cscarlet, congratulations and Ava Noelle is a beautiful name! And pleasure to meet you. :)

This is one of the major reasons why I'm glad I'm the younger sibling. :tongue

(Although all of my cousins – including the two who are younger than me – on one side of my family are married or about to be. I keep telling my grandmother that she better not hold her breath waiting for me to follow in their footsteps).

cscarlet

AW = Procrastination.
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so very much, Kat! :)

haha! that's what I say when i meet a mom of triplets LOLOL
Haha!

Yeah, my mother-in-law was pretty psycho about wanting a grandchild. We started telling her that every single time she mentioned it, we were going to push it back another year. She eventually stopped asking. ;)

Of course, now that the baby's here we have craziness on a whole new level... but that's another story.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
no wonder you have so many posts, Lisa. You're two-timing us with the teen crowd. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.