Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieB

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.jamieblair.blogspot.com
HEY - we're back! That was FAST!

I don't think I've written more than maybe 250 words this entire week. I guess I should do something about that today and over the weekend.

I went to bed at 9:30, I'm with ya K, but I had hellish Thursday.

Chanelley

Registered
Reaction score
Good morning all!

Chanelley - That is annoying if they didn't even respond. What is the cut off date you gave them?
Sunday. I'm just getting worried they haven't received it. If they have, the least they could do is let me know they're thinking about it because then I won't worry about them having not received the email or not.

Anyone else ever been through this?

erica_henry

Typing away 1 word at a time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erica-henry.blogger.com
So I never got those 32 words written so I could say that I wrote 6K yesterday! Baby boy had a R-O-U-G-H night. He took over 3 hours of hardcore crying before he finally went to sleep. Then he was up and down all night. IDK what was wrong with him, but man I'm glad he's going to my mom's tonight for his weekly sleep over. I feel like I only slept like 1 hour last night. Even my hubby kept waking up from James, and my hubby is a hard sleeper. He's the kind that could sleep throw his hour long colic cries and doesn't even wake up if my son crawls over him to get into our bed. That is a very bad thing because my son knows this. He hardly comes to my side to crawl into the bed because I wake up and put him back into his bed. If he crawls up over my hubby then he's in the clear. lol. They are too smart for their own good sometimes

Sarah et all-
I was about to echo "what is WiS" when I got my email as well. And damn if this isn't what it says!

"Hi

I've hand-approved you. You're fine to post.

*Please don't respond to this form email. I'm drowning in email and am in the middle of stuff related to the move.*

You could, like, you know work on your current WiP"

Cracking up!!!
My email didn't have the part that I colored pink. That is too funny!

I'm getting frustrated with the few agents who have not responded to me since Monday about my offer. TBH, it only makes my decision that bit easier, but still. It would be nice to know if they're considering or not. And also, if any of them get in touch with me on Sat and ask for more time, I'm going to hit the roof.

I'm anxious today as you can guess.
Sorry they aren't responding. You're probably going to get a rush on the deadline and then have to think about your decision again. Isn't that how life normally happens. Once you figure things out you get a curve ball thrown at you? Or is that just me?

Chanelley

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry they aren't responding. You're probably going to get a rush on the deadline and then have to think about your decision again. Isn't that how life normally happens. Once you figure things out you get a curve ball thrown at you? Or is that just me?
Argh I really hope not!!

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Sunday. I'm just getting worried they haven't received it. If they have, the least they could do is let me know they're thinking about it because then I won't worry about them having not received the email or not.

I had several non responders....I will say most responded, but I also had TG out at the same time....one responded like six months later...the email had gotten caught in a folder and they were cleaning out end of the year stuff.

The craziest was an agent I swapped emails with about revisions and she said she would get back to me by Thursday.....never heard from her again, lol.

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
Morning everyone! :e2coffee:

I've got to get some reading done today (and writing, hopefully). :)

How are you guys?

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
I'm getting frustrated with the few agents who have not responded to me since Monday about my offer. TBH, it only makes my decision that bit easier, but still. It would be nice to know if they're considering or not. And also, if any of them get in touch with me on Sat and ask for more time, I'm going to hit the roof.

I'm anxious today as you can guess.

hey Chan, maybe ask Micahel over in the agent forum what protocol is in waiting for a resposne? just a thought. he's very quick about answering questions.

sorry you are dealing with that. they talk about how annoyed agents get if you don't let them know right away and then they don't show the same courtesy. frustrating to say the least.

ETA: Good morning everyone. Didn't realize AW was back up and i posted over in WIS and even just put up an avi hahaha...oh well. still good to have as a back up unless they are going to get rid of that message board?

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think they'll get rid of it, Mel. It's been around for a while. I just forget it's there. lol

Jamie, I won't tell you to stop with the SNI's because that's a good thing! If you didn't constantly have new ideas, then you wouldn't really be a writer, would you? ;)

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Got another SNI. Someone make it stop. I can't write all of these. I need 8 arms. Hmmm...anyone know a mad scientist?

I agree w/Bex. I think you should be worried when the ideas stop coming. I have a notebook of literally 8 other stories I want to start writing. I like having the back up stories. Makes me feel like I'll always have SOMETHING to write.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score

That's weird. All of mine responded, even the one who ignored me for 7 months (he passed because he didn't like the voice. Really? But he had pages before he requested...). One asked for more time to read (and as you guys prolly know, said she couldn't offer without extensive revisions, which I eventually did for her), but she was on vacation, so asked for three days. But then her e-mail went down, and we ended up talking on the phone the next day. That day where she was supposed to e-mail me and didn't was excruciating.

Chanelley

Registered
Reaction score
Arrgh I don't know what to do!! I ended up sending one of the agents a message on Twitter to see if they got it. I don't want to spam agents inboxes. I really just want to close down everything smoothly and cleanly. Just, know for sure and be completely happy in my choice.
They are making that very hard for me.
If on Saturday evening I still haven't heard, I'll try one more time. Though one of those agents is getting quite a lot of attention for having so much in their inbox, so it doesn't surprise me if mine gets lost.

JamieB

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.jamieblair.blogspot.com
Jamie, I won't tell you to stop with the SNI's because that's a good thing! If you didn't constantly have new ideas, then you wouldn't really be a writer, would you? ;)

I agree w/Bex. I think you should be worried when the ideas stop coming. I have a notebook of literally 8 other stories I want to start writing. I like having the back up stories. Makes me feel like I'll always have SOMETHING to write.

Okay, if you guys say so! :D

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
erica - 6k! Whoa - impressive!

channely - i did have to contact a few agents when i had my offer, but I don't remember a lot of non responders. hope you hear soon. the waiting and unknown is the worst!

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
This morning is a bad morning. Jamie just called. He fell on the ice at work and is pretty hurt. Going now to meet him at work. He's putting on a strong face, but I can hear pain in his voice (not like him). Send happy thoughts. I'll check back soon.

Juneluv12

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Got another SNI. Someone make it stop. I can't write all of these. I need 8 arms. Hmmm...anyone know a mad scientist?

I don't think they'll get rid of it, Mel. It's been around for a while. I just forget it's there. lol

Damn those SNI'S!!!

Yeah, I can't say anything either....I spent most of my freetime yesterday planning out my SNI....I hemmed and hawed back and forth before finally realizing the original plot thrust(heh, heh, I said thrust) needs to be what I originally had.

Le sigh....

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Chanelly, what did you put in your e-mail header when you sent the notices?

Kyva, oh no. I hope he's okay.

Juneluv12

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
This morning is a bad morning. Jamie just called. He fell on the ice at work and is pretty hurt. Going now to meet him at work. He's putting on a strong face, but I can hear pain in his voice (not like him). Send happy thoughts. I'll check back soon.

Uh-oh, sorry to hear that....hope he's okay!!!

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score

omg kyva!!! i'm sooooooooooo sorry. hope he is okay. let us know what's going on. fingers crossed he's okay.

oh, and Erica, HOLY SHITE, MATE. That is is incredible. i don't think i've ever written that much in a day. Wow.

erica_henry

Registered
Reaction score
Website

Hope he's ok. I fell at work when I was preggo ( I was a manager at Captain D's) because someone threw a flat lid towards the sink and apparently didn't bother to pick it up when they missed. I caught my self on the sink with my arm. It was really more luck than skill lol. I ended up breaking my elbow. Fun times.

erica_henry

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks for the congrats guys. I'm hoping to write some more if the baby cooperates. I'd love to write tonight but hubby actually wants to do a movie night so unless he changes his mind, I guess I'll be watching a movie. I'm almost done with chapter 21 at 51K and I only have 27 chapters. I think that I might just finish draft one by next friday! Almost my goal. We shall see.....

eventidepress

Registered
Reaction score
So last night, prior to forum-death, I was editing an email for a beta in AW PMs... Then I hit send. Guess when the forum died?
GAJRGBJRGBJRGB.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
So last night, prior to forum-death, I was editing an email for a beta in AW PMs... Then I hit send. Guess when the forum died?
GAJRGBJRGBJRGB.

Awww ego...that is so maddening. but...did you not know AW was going down? :D

sorry that happened. i'd be super pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.