Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Dorothy :)

and Netz what a steal on those Maggie books. I'm dragging myself to the library tomorrow. I'm going on a book withdrawal. I read 5 books within 1 week and now I'm reading NOTHING, so I'm sitting here unpacking from college I mean twiddling my thumbs . :tongue

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I had a fight with my computer.

It has been shocking me for a week - so I took it in to get it checked out. They gave me a whole new computer.

:D

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
Oh gods...I hate having fights with my computer. I'm glad it got all straightened out.

Also - does anyone else name their electronics?

:ROFL: I named my laptop ''Narcissa'' after Narcissa Malfoy, Draco Malfoy's mom in Harry Potter, cause my computer is so narcissistic.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I don't really name min - I just call it 'the beast' because it can start a lot of trouble. ;)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Wth! Scary stuff. That's awesome that hey gave you a new machine, though!

Yeah, and the shocking thing wasn't the only thing that was wrong with it - but he wasn't even going to mess with it after that. He just took it and brought out a new box.

So, now I have technically had a new computer for just 2 weeks - and then gotten a new one again :D. So strange. But very nice.

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, and the shocking thing wasn't the only thing that was wrong with it - but he wasn't even going to mess with it after that.

Creepy. I'm not sure I'd even want the same model of that computer again.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
The shocking thing would freak me out. Glad they replaced your comp for free. I couldn't even get them to give me a replacement power cord without a fight.

Also - does anyone else name their electronics?

:ROFL: I named my laptop ''Narcissa'' after Narcissa Malfoy, Draco Malfoy's mom in Harry Potter, cause my computer is so narcissistic.
I named my last one Dean after a cyborg character. Since I dropped that one and Dean is smooth, I named this one Mailee (who's a klutz) to counteract karma or something. But I never call it Mailee, even though I always called Dean Dean. Dean was easier to remember because my wifi named itself after the computer and we're still using "Dean Wireless"

My car is Koneko, and still call her that, though.

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
I should name my vehicle. I recently became a minivan Mom after years of swearing I would never do such a thing, and the poor thing has been nameless for almost 3 months now.

It was never official, but I always thought of our last car as Ellie the [Honda] Element.

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
Ooh, I love Echos. That was on our short list for a second car (my Husband's commuter), but he was in love with the Honda Fit. We also liked the idea of sticking with what we knew (Honda Element, then we bought the Odyssey, so...yeah).

He named his Fit R2, but calls it "Chu" (as in Piikachu) every so often as well. He's an odd bird, lol.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I love the Fit. If I get a new car, it will probably be one of those.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
The shocking thing would freak me out. Glad they replaced your comp for free. I couldn't even get them to give me a replacement power cord without a fight.

Oh, sorry - they gave me a new one of those too. The old one started shocking the new computer - and it wasn't even plugged in to a power source.

Sooo odd. :/ But over - thankfully.

Last edited:

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I had bad luck with computers until my last one... which was the best computer I ever owned until I dropped it and the corner opened and the hinges broke. This one is the same model, but it's not really the same. It definitely overheats, whereas the other one didn't, but so far it hasn't freaked out on me because of it, just got uncomfortable to keep on my lap (yes, I use my laptop on my lap). Dean was a perfect computer, and I really should have just gotten him fixed instead of replaced, but it was like half the price of a new netbook and at least two weeks with no compy at all, so I just went with the new one. Now when I turn him on, he's super slow, which I suspect is what happens when your electronics are exposed to dust for a year :tongue.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
No, he's named after a character from my books, DownLoad and Nano Kid.

And usually I would assume that I named Dean after a tv character (interestingly, it would have been the Supernatural actor who doesn't play Dean there, but did play a Dean on Gilmore Girls, haha), but I remember the naming conventions of DownLoad very well. All the cyborgs were named after their model, a series of two letters, and Dean was DN.

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, that's so cute :D (And yes....'Sam' from Supernatural is way hotter. Though I am a Jess fangirl from Gilmore Girls :tongue)

Status
Not open for further replies.