Not open for further replies.

pixydust

Mother Flippin' Rhymnosorous
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowofthewood.com
Good luck, Smiley!!! :D

It's not a huge deal just letting them know you're doing revisions; can they wait a week. And if it's just a partial you don't need to fix all of it, just the opening chapters.

Evening all! *waves*

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Do any of you, when receiving feedback from your betas, smack yourself when you read their comments and think, "Oh my God, how stupid am I? I am a terrible writer!" Or am I just way too hard on myself?

Ah, I don't usually have betas. Like ever, for more than 10 pages of the work. But that's just me.

What happens for me is I got back a month later, reread what I wrote and in some place go ... "Oh crud, that really sounds stupid, or I should have switched the wording on that", and then I do a facepalm :D

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Do any of you, when receiving feedback from your betas, smack yourself when you read their comments and think, "Oh my God, how stupid am I? I am a terrible writer!" Or am I just way too hard on myself?

Yes :ROFL:

But I think something similar happens to all writers, with or without beta readers

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. I revised 30 pages last night. I am wiped out. I managed to do...3 pages this morning. LOL. Hopefully I'll get done more tonight (giving myself the weekend off) and then it's back to revising on Monday :D

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, Smiley!

I got my first-ever rejection this week. Thought I'd be sadder. I didn't think much of it. Of course, it would probably sting if it were from one of my dream agents.

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: Wampuscat, I'm so sorry. But sometimes the "dream agents" aren't the dream agents for us. Keep your head up.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
agreed smiley.

you never know who might be right for your work ;)

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
Wampuscat, you must be seasoned enough to expect rejections. That one wasn't the right one, hope the right agent finds you soon:)

Sage, it looks like Love Sucks is climbing up on the Amazon list. Do you get any numbers for tracking sales?

I am so distracted by marketing stuff, that it is taking away from my writing time. I need to spend some quality time with my WIP.

Dorothy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dorothydreyer.wordpress.com
I am so distracted by marketing stuff, that it is taking away from my writing time. I need to spend some quality time with my WIP.

I hear you. I totally intended to spend lots of quality time with my WIP today, but got distracted by other things (social networking for marketing purposes). Maybe I should down a pot of coffee and pull an all-nighter.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Sage, it looks like Love Sucks is climbing up on the Amazon list. Do you get any numbers for tracking sales?

Oh, god, I don't even want to know how you're tracking LS on Amazon. It's bad enough tracking stuff on GR.

I do get sales numbers...sort of. There's a special site where Musa authors can see our sales, but the Amazon sales don't seem to be showing for me yet, so all I can see right now is what people bought through Musa's website. I don't know if Amazon delays reporting (and possibly paying?) or what.

Happy Birthday, Sage!!! :partyguy:

:partyguy:Ooh! And happy bday Sage!!!!!!!!:partyguy:
Thanks, gals!

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
I would think more people would buy from Amazon than the Musa website. Maybe I am wrong.

You published almost the same week as a friend of mine who has a book by my publisher. I check both ranks on Amazon. The week you launched, I had to go to another page to find your book. It came to the top of the search page ever since and your rankings were #105,000 -#150,000 in Kindle sales. Tonight it is around #174,000.

You do better than my pal, who hovers closer to #200,000. He had one morning at #64,000, then dropped again.

One could say I am very bored while waiting on editing and cover art. Good grief, this business takes a lot of patience!

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
Happy belated birthday, Sage! :partyguy:

I just received my final grades and I'm graduating college w/ a 3.2!!! :D (I also am recovering from a 100.7 fever so hopefully this all makes sense)

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!

And good job! I think that's what I graduated from college with :D Hope your fever comes down

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
Oh yes its down...100.7 was yesterday, today I am normal...but still a little wo0... :tongue
And thanks; graduation is this weekend. CRAZY!

How was your birthday,Sage?

Status
Not open for further replies.