Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Moni!

Afternoon, gang :D Hope all is well. I'm writing and getting some good words down on my Thriller. very excited about Thrillers being the hot thing now. I'm a third done with this one and then have another one ready to write that I already did a mock query on. Hope I don't miss the boat this time around LOL Wish I could pump out ready to go first drafts. ha. don't we all?

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
How's UCDs doing, Mel?

Got to come home early today, yay! I might take a nap before throwing myself into writing, though, because my workout exhausted me (even after a smoothie, my legs are still shaking)

5398cane

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
Is it bad that right now I prefer to beta read others work over dealing with my own ?

I seem to pick up on my own errors in the process of reading others work.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
That's one of the best reasons to beta (finding your own mistakes through critting others)

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Yellow on the awesome wordage!!!

Sage, it's doing. NOt as much as I'd like, but, shrugs. sigh. still have a partial out and full out and i'm waiting to hear back from about 30 agents and need to send a few more out. Just getting lazy about it and prefer to work on my new WIP. You know how it is. It's a soul sucking, brain throbbing, heart wrenching roller coaster. The only thing that takes my mind off it is to move on to the next project and focus on that, so that's what I'm doing. :) Thanks for asking :heart:

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all. Hi Moni! Man, this week has been hectic. I just heard back from my editor. She enjoyed Lifesong, but I need to change a few things before we sign the contract. No problem :)

So of course this weekend and a part of next week will involve edits and such. How is everyone?

yellowhammer

Registered
Reaction score
Morning all. Hi Moni! Man, this week has been hectic. I just heard back from my editor. She enjoyed Lifesong, but I need to change a few things before we sign the contract. No problem :)

So of course this weekend and a part of next week will involve edits and such. How is everyone?

Awesome! Still find time to enjoy the weekend though! :) I'm really actually becoming an "old person" by saying this: but the weather is beautiful! At least in my neck of the woods...

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Considering that I basically threw a fit to come home early (on time, actually) at work today, you think I would have used my time off today better.

yellowhammer

Registered
Reaction score
Don't worry about it, Sage. It's a well-known fact that getting off work early always inspires the sincerest form of productivity and always end with chocolate and reruns of The Bachelor.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
debating if i should. I really want to read the books and see what all the hype is about, but I still dont have the time, so not sure if i should see he movie yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.